TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHuman RightsTHESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: Conakry
City: Conakry
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Jun 15, 2008

I agree with you for there is no sex before married cuase it fonication i believe there is people who no the truth but they have another faith not to blame them but to encurage them to understand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile umaru PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Lagos
City: Lagos
Jun 16, 2008

Every day, every moment, every hour Gays all over United State are protesting for right of legalization of Gay marriage. California will soon pass a bill for right for the same sex marriage. Mean while, two men that was living together for pass 5 years was finally exchanged rings as husband and wife officiated by Anglican Priest in United state.
This is abnormal and is not a welcome issue to me.. These has become a global issue that one has to be careful.

Member Profile kengee PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Annpreet M

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Jun 17, 2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
[quote]In Such Issues the religion plays the best role, to prevent people from misleeding the society to the bad acts and forms. "

Since when does god judge who we are? I am no religious person, and maybe this is why I have my own views about god. But i know that in many religous scriptures, dosen't it say that god believes everyone is equal, no matter what your race, sex ect. So why all of a sudden when we love someone of the same sex or are attracted to them, its a big issue?
And gay people in no way are misleading society, they don't force you to be like them, because they themselves have no control over who they are. They are probally the most peaceful people that i know, and in no way do they encourage bad acts.
And if the issue is that god WILL judge you, than why not let him judge, and leave all the so called "punishment" of these people to him. And just let gay people be the way they are. As long as they don't bother you in any way, they shouldn't concern people.
Same sex marriage should not even be an issue. Theres a million and one problems going on in this world, and soceity is concerned about who is marrying who, when there are innocent people getting killed in wars around the world, but yet people can't make big arguments against the government on such issues.

Member Profile Annpreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Nic M

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Edinburgh (City of)
City: Edinburgh
Jun 18, 2008

I'm talking within the context of marriage not only being to grant couples legal rights but also when they are blessed by God:

I must admit, even as someone who is gay but was raised Catholic, I struggle to understand the religious argument of gay people acting on their homosexual feelings being morally wrong and by extension gay marriage being wrong

For me religion is about showing love to everyone and not judging them. By refusing gays the choice to marry you're judging them. Can't they just be free to make their own decision?

I would never agree with a law allowing gay people to marry in places of worship belonging to a religion that disapproves of homosexuality. And surely no gay person would want to marry in a place where they are not fully welcome. But There are churches that are completely accepting of homosexuality, how can you justify refusing to let them receive a legally recognized blessing from their God ?

For me what under pins the whole issue is that an individual being gay does no harm. Being gay isn't contagious so we'll never get into a situation where there are no heterosexual people having babies 'naturally'.
And nobody would chose to be gay, it'd just be silly. Why would anyone want to risk loosing their family's love, to face discrimination or even to be sentenced to death ?
So if somebody is something that causes no harm and wasn't even a choice of their own how is it fair to persecute them, treat them as a lesser beings and refuse them their human rights?

Member Profile blinki PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Jun 19, 2008

I disagree with U my dear. Religion is not all about loving one another. Is far more than that. If you see what is wrong and speak against it doesn't mean you are juging that indiviual. Right from the on set of the world God dislike this ask. That is the main reason he destoryed one country in the bible. If you read your bible very well u will understand what i'm talking.
Thesame sex marriage is abnoraml and i will never be part of the support. But i am not against someone being a Gay or some other sexual interest. Is all about choice.

Nic M

Province/State: Edinburgh (City of)
City: Edinburgh
Jun 19, 2008

if it's all about choice then why can't a gay couple have the choice to do be blessed by their god? if they aren't wanting to do it in your church

the Bible speaks directly against men sleeping with men and women sleeping with women and you're fine with an individual making their own choice to do that but the Bible doesn't (to my knowledge and at least not to the same extent) about not allowing gays to marry

what makes the choice to marry different from the 'choice' to be gay?

and if you are referring to Genesis 19 and the city of Sodom then the city is commended in Genesis 18, before any mention of anything that could betook as homosexuality and Lot offering his daughters suggests his neighbors are heterosexual

Member Profile blinki PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Shweta

Gender & Age: Female, 38
Province/State: Delhi
City: Delhi
Jun 22, 2008

It seems that we are looking at religion for the answers to this discussion. I think its important to look at the rights arena to answer this.

At one level, we need to question the existence of this discussion in the human rights arena. In the human rights perspective, this debate has been settled. As humans, we all have some fundamental rights. and Right to live with dignity cannot be challenged. If my choice of companionship is not harming you, then who can hurt my dignity by challenging my choice and calling it wrong?

I still wonder, what gives all of us the right to question each others choices of life, when their choices are not interfering with our life. Would we stand it if someone was questioning us blamingly about "what did you marry your husband/wife"? Wont we expect people to respect our personal boundaries.

Lets think about this--Just because a person is gay/lesbian, does it give all of us an authority to dissect his/her personal life?

Ending with a positive note, the queer movement is being celebrated in Delhi (India) on 29th June at Cannaught Place. All are invited for the walk and celebrations.

Member Profile Shweta-sj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sumeni

Poster Rank:

Aug 27, 2008

Marriage is the social and legal sanctioning of the relationship between two individuals. Relationship between two individuals (irrespective of the sex of the partners) is based on love, respect and trust. So marriage of the same sex cannot be wrong for every person has the right to love and live with the person of his/ her choice.

Member Profile sumeni PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Aug 29, 2008

The aim of marriage is for man and woman to come together as husband and wife not the other way round. For this purpose that's why Marriage is unique. Without man and woman coming together. Marriage can never be Unique. Now man and man, woman and woman in this case of marriage is no longer unique. We are abusing the right of it. Irrespective of if we love the person or not, respect or not, understanding or not. If we are not doing it in the right way, we are abusing the right of marriage. And God is against that.

ackerkoke

Gender & Age: Male, 29
Province/State: Budapest
City: Budapest
Aug 29, 2008

The Bible says many things besides homosexuality being forbidden, for example it sanctions slavery (Exodus 21:7), it clearly says that those who work on Shabbat should be put to death (Exodus 35:2), and the list could go on. So why don't these laws have to be followed as opposed to the one forbidding a same-sex relationships?
Further as mentioned above the bible doesn't mention same sex marriage, it talks about relationships between man and man/ woman and woman (" 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.'" ), so why is marriage the point where the line has to be drawn? If same-sex relationships are allowed what difference does it make if same-sex couples also get married? How is being married more sinful than living as a couple?
Also marriage is not the only institution that through out history was claimed to be institutions set up by God. Monarchs frequently claimed that their power was granted to them by God. So should all countries go back to being ruled by monarchs?
All the things that are forbidden in the Bible are a question of what a parson should choose. as humans gained the ability to choose freely, thus God needs to give them guidance in what they choose. You do not choose to be homosexual, you are born with it. How could you be born with something that God the creator of all things didn't approve of?
Oh and about humanity dieing out due to gay marriage. Currently it is estimated that between 1% and 10% of the population is gay, now if we presume that by allowing gay marriage that number for some reason would double that still would only be between 2% and 20%, which would still leave 80% of the population to spawn offsprings.

Member Profile ackerkoke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ackerkoke

Gender & Age: Male, 29
Province/State: Budapest
City: Budapest
Aug 29, 2008

But beyond all this I just don't get what business it is of anyone who other people get married to. How does 2 man or 2 woman getting married influence anybody else’s life. Now if 2 people of the same sex want to be married, as a religious person you can try to make them see the error of their ways in order to save their soul from eternal damnation and the attached discomforts, but you can not forbid them from getting married just as you can't forbid them to eat pork for example (or lets admit it convince them on dozens of far more important issues) . Churches can regulate if they allow certain practices because their members (presumably) joined of their own free will and can leave if they which. This though doesn't apply to countries which are responsible to all their citizens not just the majority. Especially in this case where the majority wouldn't be affected in any way by the governments decision.

Member Profile ackerkoke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ken

Aug 30, 2008

I strongly agree with U. They are born with the sydrome and there is nothing any body can do about it. They love each other, care for each other and now is issue of getting married. Wow i don't think getting married is the best thing. They can continue living their life the way they have been doing all this while. I have meet some of them in my place and i have some as friends but i don't see any thing wrong by been a Gay but i disagree gay marriage.

namesteshanti

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Massachusetts
Sep 15, 2008

i dont think its an issue of wether gay marriage is "morally right" or not. it a question of wether we can restrict marriage in this country. in the bill of rights there is a seperation of church and state. you may not agree with gay marraige, but that does not give you the right to take away someone elses right to marry who they love.

Member Profile namasteshanti PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Joël Kalpram

Province/State: Northern Territory
City: Darwin
Oct 3, 2008

I disagree with you big time

Member Profile jalbert PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Joël Kalpram

Province/State: Northern Territory
City: Darwin
Oct 3, 2008

YOU KNOW WHAT I FKNG HATE CHRISTIANITY, DESTROYS MY OLD GRAND PARENTS BELIVES AND WAYS OF DOING THINGS.....CHANGE PEOPLES MENTALITY.........FKNG HATE THOSE HOMOPHOPIC GROUPS......

Member Profile jalbert PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM