TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHuman RightsTHESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »
Author

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Nairobi Area
City: Nairobi
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Sep 26, 2009

Wow! so many responses to this topic. All I know is that Same sex marriage is wrong and making it a right would be disastrous to the family institution and to the morality of the society. What is marriage and where did it originate from? marriage is sacred, whether its done before a church, a mosque, a temple or even before the AG. it is an institution where people are allowed to procreate morally in society and before God, it gives legitimacy to the family unit.

yes human rights are important but for the sake of future generations and morals we need to be careful. we cannot just legalise everything. law should set boundaries as to what ought and ought not be done otherwise in the next couple of years am sorry to say but we might have people advocating for marriage between man and animals>

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile bmuoka PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
muoka

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Nairobi Area
City: Nairobi
Sep 26, 2009

I also strongly disagree with jodevizes<no> think about it> Cause and effect.

Member Profile bmuoka PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Owulezi

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Province/State: Imo
City: Owerri
Sep 26, 2009

quynhdiep412 wrote:

actually, in my opinion, it's nothing wrong to get married with the one who same sexually as us. because it's love. we love that one and want to share all our life with that people. want to make that people happy and make us ourselves happy. why must you be so cruel to say it's wrong or right? it's their happiness. Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgenders...they can have their own happiness.

Lol...people likely sharing their life with their pets will equally bring happiness and probably marrying atlast?wink
maybe that woouldn't sounds cruel as well or what do you think? Because I believe there is great difference between right and wrong.cool

Member Profile plato123 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Justin Wrubel

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 31
Province/State: Ontario
City: Kitchener
Sep 26, 2009

I've posted on this topic before in support of same-sex unions and marriage. I am all about discussing and learning and so I would like to ask the last few posters if they could explain their reasoning to help enlighten the rest of us.

snarteh: how is safe anal intercourse unhealthy? it is a well known fact that anal intercourse has been practiced as long as vaginal intercourse throughout history, and has been practiced by heterosexual couples just as long. ANY sex, if not safe, is unhealthy and if you looked at sexual health statistics, heterosexual couples pass many STD's amongst partners. So, how is it that the focus is on homosexual relations when the real discussion should be about safe sex?

muoka: How would same-sex unions destroy the family institution and the morality of society? Divorce is a great sin in the eyes of the church and has massive impact in the lives of the children involved. It is a well known fact that a children are happiest when they are a part of a loving family unit, regardless of gender. And since sexual orientation isn't a switch you can flip "straight or gay", all that matters is a healthy, happy family unit. Shouldn't the discussion be about the large percentage of heterosexual marriages that are ending in divorce and the example that sets for the upcoming generations, instead of the fundamental human right for people to be with each other in safe and healthy ways?

Lastly, how on earth are people comparing same-sex unions to human-animal relations? It is just mind numbing how some people believe that the two are even on the same plane of discussion. Again, can anyone who thinks this please back this up with some statistics or articles? Thanks.

Member Profile justingeni PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
s_ankh

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo
Sep 27, 2009

not passing down laws for marriage will not stop gay men and women , from having a relationship . i mean who cares for a paper when life could be enjoyed otherwise.

same sex marriage , different sex marriage .. blah blah blah marriage . why all the labels , why all the hot air . who gives a hoot how other ppl live their lives or choose to love .

straight , bi , gay , lesbian , bi curious. just go with the flow . why is it that ppl are threatened . if god did not create ppl homo , then god knows that even if they were given their rights , they will not increase in number . and babies will still be made by heteros . give me a break ....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
ankh

This post was edited on: 2009-09-27 at 10:36 AM by: MoonSunGate

Member Profile MoonSunGate PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Owulezi

Sep 27, 2009

justingeni wrote:
<br /

Lastly, how on earth are people comparing same-sex unions to human-animal relations? It is just mind numbing how some people believe that the two are even on the same plane of discussion. Again, can anyone who thinks this please back this up with some statistics or articles? Thanks.

have a look at this -

(http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=56530&id=100000146557606)

I guess everybody gets right to do anything......??

This post was edited on: 2009-09-27 at 04:01 PM by: plato123

Justin Wrubel

Sep 27, 2009

Ok, so that is a picture of some person having relations with an animal, which is illegal. What does that singular act by that man have to do with an entire human rights movement for the equality of HUMANS, not of other animals? The human race is one species. Nature dictates that relations between the same species is healthy and natural. The debate isn't about inter-species relations, I think everyone pretty much agrees that bestiality is illegal and wrong.

So again, are there any articles or links that describe how same-sex unions would lead to the legalization of bestiality? I don't think it would and I don't even think it's the same discussion.

Owulezi

Sep 28, 2009

@Justin Wrubel, thanks for accepting that such is illegal and wrong, but don
't you equaly think that such kind of person would sit up one day demanding legal approval of such act?? Yes actually we need harmony but not just approving unnatural things for the benefits of moinority or majority groups. Really we need equaly rights to live as human beings but not to live otherwise.

I can accept that people choses to live any kind of life they wants but guess what happens when one bridged the law?? Does it then applies that people would likely to infuse masses to approve whatever lifystyle they wish because it favour them?? I'm not trying to intrude into people's lives here, niether am I claiming holy but I expressly understood good from bad.smilecoolbig grin

snarteh

Sep 30, 2009

First of all there is nothing like safe anal sex, cus that practice is in no way healthy, Even if it has been practice as long as virginal sex compare the life expectancy or some involved in anal sex and those that are heterosexual on a survey of 10 person per group you find out most of them never live to see their 50th birthday. And for STD's transmission, STds are also transmitted through anal sex.
The issue is never safe sex but rather same sex marraige in any form is wrong

Member Profile snarteh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jodevizes

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Sep 30, 2009

snarteh wrote:

First of all there is nothing like safe anal sex, cus that practice is in no way healthy, Even if it has been practice as long as virginal sex compare the life expectancy or some involved in anal sex and those that are heterosexual on a survey of 10 person per group you find out most of them never live to see their 50th birthday. And for STD's transmission, STds are also transmitted through anal sex.
The issue is never safe sex but rather same sex marriage in any form is wrong

Providing you wear a condom and providing it doesn't break it will help you to have safe sex and it doesn't matter which orifice you use. Vaginal or anal penetration can transmit STD's. It doesn't shorten your life span.

For once and for all, sex is a personal affair and is no body's business but theirs.
There are too many more important issues to waste time with this. If you really need to talk about sex issues then how about talking on the issue, the disgusting, degrading and just thoroughly wrong issue of female circumcision. Young girls having their genitalia mutilated is an outrage. This is worth 11 pages of discussion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Jo Devizes knows a womens website that is rather good.

Member Profile jodevizes PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Justin Wrubel

Sep 30, 2009

I agree 100% with jodevizes. There are more important issues; and as far as sex is concerned, discussions on sexual equality and abolishing rape are worth at a minimum 11 pages as well.

In terms of anal intercourse, I think some people are missing the point. The point was that heterosexual couples have been engaging in anal intercourse for as long as they've been engaging in vaginal intercourse. Anal sex is not just for homosexual males. And what about homosexual women? The main point is that sex is personal, and as long as it is consensual among people of age then it shouldn't be anyone else's business.

Justine

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Province/State: Florida
City: Orlando
Oct 8, 2009

Jeez, first of all, in the United States there is a little something called SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. The Constitution specifically says that those rights not listed are still rights reserved to the people and should not be violated! When a right conflicts with another person's right or the government/state actions, then it becomes a problem. NEVER should this even be a topic of discussion! Why there is even controversy on this topic is disgusting to me. The United States history has been almost one continuous battle for different groups of people to obtain almost EXACTLY the same rights. How many battles must we fight to realize that EVERYBODY, and that means of any color, height, size, shape, sexual preference, religious establishment, education, EVERYBODY has the same rights.

If anybody wants to pull the God card, well let me say this. The most common argument regarding God and gay/lesbian marriage is God did not intend for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman, and therefore it is a sin and is wrong and somehow punishable by law.

There are so many flaws in this argument, I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, the law of the United States is not supposed to establish nor support/enhance/inhibit religion. Maybe you believe it is a sin under God and therefore wrong, so then don't do it!! It is not your business to say nobody else has the right to do it; in this argument there are two stances: one saying, it's okay, everyone has their choice. And the other saying, it is not okay, you have to do what I believe and only what I believe. Oppressive? Very.

Secondly, if you do so happen to believe that it is a sin in God's eyes, the Bible itself states that EVERYBODY is a sinner. And a sin is a sin is a sin. There is no worse or better sin. You are NO BETTER than a gay man or lesbian woman. You are a sinner just as they are. AND, this all-knowing God? Did he not create these gay men and women KNOWING they would be have a different attraction? You cannot tell me he knows all if he did not know this. He also loves all of his children, regardless of their sins, which, might I add, are forgiven as long as they believe.

If this is your argument for why they should not be married, because it is a sin, then you take away everybody's right to get married, since we are all said to be sinners.

If gay men and women are going to Hell for their sexual preference, well I will be right there with them, as will all of you, because they did nothing more wrong than the rest of us.

Member Profile xmystaticheart PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Cassandra

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Oct 15, 2009

As Americans, people should choose whether or not they like the same sex or not. It is up to them to decide whats right and wrong. Although we have grown up knowing its a man plus a woman, that is not true anymore. If they are in love it should be just as fair to them as it is us. We should not be able to judge, its their life and therefore up to them how they choose to live it.

Member Profile CZajac09 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Virgil Harris

Oct 15, 2009

I agree. Same sex marriage does not hurt anyone or society on the whole. The only thing that should matter when two people are joined together is whether they love each other or not.

In same sex marriages strong family ties and values are encouraged. The number of child adptions would also increase to families who will take really good care of them. If two people love each other, what's the big deal?Homosexuality is a biological occurance.

Member Profile VirgilHarris07 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
annette

Gender & Age: Female, 28
Oct 21, 2009

I believe that everyone is entitled to live their life accordingly & without justification. We indeed are aiming for a world seen through the eyes of peace and therefore shouldn't judge another just because they seem "different" to you.
Yes, procreation is a crucial component for the continuance of our people but no one should conform to what is "expected" of them. The idea is to live your life as you see fit and as for relationships, make yourself happy and ignore outside factors because at the end of the day you have each other. As a Christian, I understand that God placed us on this Earth to reproduce, but he also created us to love each other unconditionally as he does us and to search for true meaning and to reside in the arms of bliss.

BE & LET BE.

Member Profile annette24 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM