TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHuman RightsTHESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »
Author

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Female, 30
Re: THESAME SEX MARRIAGE RIGHT OR WRONG?
Aug 16, 2009

Yes in fighting for the equality of all I am against SOME societal rules, and those are the ones that are hurtful to others. Rules should stand only to prevent harm to people, not to perpetuate the power of some and the powerlessness of others. Making gay marriage illegal has nothing to do with preventing harm to anything but in fact only brings harm. Some rules are irrational, and yes I'm against those. Some societal ideals need to be changed, not upheld at the sake of the rights of people who cause no harm to anyone. Doing so only prevents more people to be able to make positive contributions to the world through an abundance of others' negative contributions.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile missjennifer PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Otis

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 27
Province/State: Saint Catherine
City: Spanish Town
Aug 16, 2009

sibling marriage harms no one nor poses any risks, how does it stand up with gay marriage? how are the ideals behind them different?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
!xotîz

Member Profile Oats162 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jennifer Moule

Poster Rank:

Aug 16, 2009

Firstly, I can see harms posed by sibling unions, such as children with disfigurements, and often an abusing of power over one of the siblings involved.

But overall it seems ignorant to me that you persist in using incest as a similarity to homosexuality. Homosexuality is NO DIFFERENT from heterosexuality aside from the genitals of the partner involved. Being homosexual doesn't mean sexual free-for-all; a Homosexual man is no more likely to want to be involved with his brother than you are with your sister. Just because YOU and like-minded, self-serving people define homosexuality as sexual deviance does not make it fair to classify it with incest. It is much closer, if not exactly the same as, heterosexuality than it is to incest and bestiality.

Think of it this way. Had religion not brought itself into your area of the world, nobody would have been persecuted for homosexuality. In fact, consider the idea that a group of people entered your area prescribing eternal damnation for your biological drive to sleep with, court, and marry a woman. And imagine that, a couple thousand years later, you were struggling to be who you were in a world terrified of you simply because of where your heart leads you. Some of your like-minded friends even killed themselves. And eventually people started to stand up for your group and your (God-)deserved rights. How would you feel about what you're saying right now, if it was about the opposite situation.

The world is in dire need of empathy for many of the issues you fight for, but here you are, personifying the antithesis of empathy. It brings the world back to nearly primitive times, and stands in the way of everything you'd like to see happen: you can't stand for some rights and not others.

Really though, this conversation is disgusting me. I am growing increasingly devastated to think that even people, such as yourself, who have decided they'd like to better the world can have such disregard for human lives that harm no one. I would much rather be a sexual minority who stands up for others than be someone who fights for another person to have less rights than myself, because at least I'd be comfortable knowing that I'm a good person.

Otis

Aug 16, 2009

1. i chose to leave religion out of this because using religious points in situations like this is like shooting a bb gun at a brick wall, religion cannot be used because the GOD that i serve created the world and long before christianity began defined same sex affairs as wrong. and to imagine religion wasn't here doesn't make sense to believers. We believe all comes through Him and this is how He has set this world, thus we fight to preserve. To speak on basis of if God did this or that goes against believes. You wont get any real open answers with talk like that.

2. i use sibling marriage because no matter how much you want to deny it the two are similar. in incest if a the brother and sister love each other then just as same sex couples are unable to have children so are they. Thus, they do what gays do, adopt. And what abuse of power? why are they at more risk for that than any other couple?

am not saying being gay means your a sexual free for all, am continuing this incest argument because just as you believe and stand by that there are problems with sibling marriage i believe that there are problems with homo marriage. Can i then say your like the single narrow minded people who like to see people oppressed?

deny as much as you want, you cant differentiate why a gay couple should have more rights to marry ova a sibling couple. Both have jus about the same problems and the same solutions to said problems
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
!xotîz

Jennifer Moule

Poster Rank:

Aug 16, 2009

I have no real response to the sibling relationship analogy because it is not similar, and really you're just using it as a sensationalized, but ignorant, argument.

Overall though, it's clear to me that you have no intention for empathy on the situation, and frankly I'm too disappointed to continue trying to encourage it in you. Hopefully the next generation will have more empathy for the plight of others that could easily be their plight simply by accident of birth or through the slightest change in the domino effect of history.

For now, I hope you enjoy your privilege and maybe one day realize the good you could be doing with it instead of the great disservice to humanity.

Peace.

Otis

Aug 17, 2009

sorry, but the nature of religion and all who abide by it will forever (well until judgement) fight against it. Thats the one thing i'm sure wont change.

Live a blessed life and keep yourself open to the truths of this world. In time more understanding will be revealed 2 all.
!xotîz

Jennifer Moule

Poster Rank:

Aug 20, 2009

I don't even know how to respond to that. You have a lot of catching up to do...in the world...maybe read any sort of research once in a while? Or even a children's book?

That's about it...Good luck...with life.

Justin Wrubel

Gender & Age: Male, 31
Province/State: Ontario
City: Kitchener
Aug 20, 2009

I agree with Jennifer. Some comments are baffling at times.

I do wish everyone the best of luck though.

Member Profile justingeni PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jodevizes

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Aug 24, 2009

My God with all that is going wrong in this crazy world, the only items that have the most posts are those about homosexuality.

Keep your noses out of peoples private business.
It is important for there to be a way of the state to recognise same sex couples in long term relationships because when a partner dies there are inheritance and possible pension implications. If a partner is in hospital, they will be counted as next of kin. Then there is joint ownership of houses and it is important if a couple wants to adopt a child.

This last point is very important, given the second biggest posting is about trying to stop women to be allowed to have an abortion so willing couples are needed urgently. Especially as those who are demanding the closure of the abortion clinics seem unwilling to adopt babies.

The world will not die or explode just because men prefer men of women prefer women. There are even examples of this in nature.

Lets focus on the important things in this world and not get distracted by these friparies.
Jo Devizes knows a womens website that is rather good.

Member Profile jodevizes PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
s_ankh

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo
Aug 29, 2009

every one of us has the right to live , breath, work , marry, divorce, sing, dance etc etc etc..

i do not see a big deal about same sex marriages . if 2 ppl wished to marry then so be it . legal rights and paper work is nothing but a formality . legal work and formalities could be done differently till the time comes , and everyone sees the importance of equality
ankh

This post was edited on: 2009-08-29 at 11:45 PM by: MoonSunGate

Member Profile MoonSunGate PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Owulezi

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Province/State: Imo
City: Owerri
Sep 13, 2009

Same sex marriage is absolutely wrong if not there wouldn't be a sort of this debating of different sex ISSUE propably God could have possible creat everybody the same sex(organ), then guess why there is male and female, even biologicaly Men organs are not as the same as women.

Then talking about who should inherit or the next of kin right here, anybody can become next of kin to anyone depending on agreement sort of that and not in sexual intercos...just opening my eyes and see two men legal granted marriage rights ..it is very, very humanly unbelievable and it is never the best way to really express our gratitude to Almighty God who has made man unique and give him domino over every created things. Or should I easily accepting that due to other creatures are under us, we then should bring in same marriage right into the system because we are unique??? Maybe our outrageousness will equaly convince us that nature will bring about one day...they dogs, goat, cow,apes natural getting the same rights for any "female" to marry as well another female without seeking to knowing what God want from us,I constantly saying this, we need agape love to guide us in everyday dealling with others and not worldly affection of "loving" which we assum wil be the best way to obtain world peace and Harmony by grant sex marriage. Is that the way God wants it???shockedshockedshocked

Member Profile plato123 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jennifer Moule

Poster Rank:

Sep 13, 2009

Frankly, not everyone cares about how God wants it. And tons of people who don't care get married. Should they be denied marriage as well?

jodevizes

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Province/State: London (City of)
City: London
Sep 14, 2009

I think it was man pretending to speak for God that said we have dominion over all the animals. What sort of dominion do you think you have if you meet a hungry Grizzly Bear, a pack of wolves or a pride of lions? Very little.
What people do in their house is their affair and we have a lot more important issues in this world to worry about, like feeding the hungry, getting good clean water to everybody, eradicating disease and providing a safe place to live. I would say stopping people waging war on each other but that really is an impossible dream.
While we waste our time and energies worrying about who lives with who then nothing will get done.
Jo Devizes knows a womens website that is rather good.

Member Profile jodevizes PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ruby Ngo

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Province/State: Tuyen Quang
Sep 16, 2009

actually, in my opinion, it's nothing wrong to get married with the one who same sexually as us. because it's love. we love that one and want to share all our life with that people. want to make that people happy and make us ourselves happy. why must you be so cruel to say it's wrong or right? it's their happiness. Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgenders...they can have their own happiness.

Member Profile quynhdiep412 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
snarteh

Sep 25, 2009

Putting religion and morals aside i will still maintain that same sex marraige is absurb and disgusting. Don't you see the harm it causes to one body. For example let take gays do you know what happen when a male ejaculate in the anus of another continously that anus will get rotten which makes it bad for health. So Same sex marraige is wrong at the highest degree and people should stop equating to human right and stuff

Member Profile snarteh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM