Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2 3 4  »
Author

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female & 28
Your country in your introducing
Apr 15, 2008

If you have a chance to introduce about your country to the foreigners, to the world, what will you tell them about your country?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile dotdot PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sagar Ghimire

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male, 29
Province/State: Bagmati
Re: Your country in your introducing
Apr 16, 2008

Nepal is a birthplace of Gautam Buddha founder of Buddhism.World Tallest mountain Mount Everest lies here. Nepal is a land locked country situated between two great country-India and China.After 11 years arms insurgency revel Maoist has finally came to Peace process.Recently Constituent Election held here where CPN Maoist won in many seats of Constituent Assembly.All political analyst are surprised with this beacuse many of them havent expect such result. Their hope was that Maoist will be third largest party but oppposite of that Maiost gain majority of seats here.This is the current political scenarion of Nepal

Member Profile ocean1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
S.M

Gender & Age: Female, 31
Province/State: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo
Apr 16, 2008

United Arab Emirates, is the land where dreams come true.

Egypt is the Mother of the World, Where you can find Numerous treasures, like the Pyramids of Al Jeeza, its' people are the kindest, and the smartest as well, but no dreams come true.

S.M

Member Profile salma86 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
samiraisir

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female, 2017
Province/State: Woqooyi Galbeed
City: Hargeisa
Apr 16, 2008

Okay, I am from Somalia and now a days I say I am from Somaliland. I know may of you never heard about it and I don't get surprise cause Somaliland is a sefl decalred republic, where dreamers are here to achieve dreams that can never come ture but they are hopefull and optamistic always, there is no promises made to them to fullfil those dreams,but they put their turst in Allah, they never worry about what tomorrow is going to bring them cause they always say leave it to Allah.

For almost 2 decades Somalia have been in a civil war , where hunger and pain born everyday;. on the other hand, Somaliland have been buidling hopes and promises. They are kind people full of hope and love.

Member Profile samiraisir PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Raine

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Female, 28
Apr 16, 2008

America is a land filled with very diverse people. some are closed minded, many are open minded, and others simply don't have the knowledge to make much of a difference. we're like a tossed salad or a patchwork quilt--many different pieces to make up one great whole. there's some of everything here.

Member Profile JennySmith PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Shweta

Gender & Age: Female, 38
Province/State: Delhi
City: Delhi
Apr 18, 2008

This thread is being moved to "Culture and Identity" Forum where it seems to fit.

Regards
Shweta

Member Profile Shweta-sj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jason

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 31
Province/State: Leyte
City: Julita
Apr 19, 2008

th Philippines as an archipelago is a land of different rich cultures. Each island has its own celebration and festival! Its a home to 7100+ beautiful islands! Its for you to see and experience it personally! The Philippines has a lot more to offer! WOW PHILIPPINES!

Member Profile jaem PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
speakup

Gender & Age: Male, 31
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Apr 24, 2009

I was just going to start a topic like this, but I think it is better to continue this thread.

Canada is special because of its multiculturalism: it is full of foreigners who have come here over the past 140 years and who now call it home. Everyone here shares a "Canadian culture" but also keeps part of the culture from their family's home country. I think this diversity adds a lot to culture here.

Canada is a fairly peaceful place to live and it has a high quality of life. Canadian citizens have many rights and freedoms. I have heard that they are also respected in many countries around the world, especially because of Canada's peacekeeping efforts and its role in the world wars.

Please tell us more about your home country - I would love to know more!

Member Profile speakup PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
*ViCtoria

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Province/State: Lima
City: Lima
Apr 25, 2009

I am from Peru, a country located in the Southern hemisphere (South America to be precise). It is a very diverse country in several aspects: it has WAY too many regions (the jungle, mountains, coast, etc), we are the cradle of the Inca civilization (Machu Picchu anyone? wink), Peruvian cuisine is exquisite, there are languages like Quechua and Aymara that are only spoken in this side of the world... There are so many things!

I sound like a tourism agency. Lol. I live in the capital city, Lima, which is quite modern in comparison to other places here. Nightlife in the city is good and there is plenty of tourist info.

So yeah, this is Peru smile. It's a pretty cool place!

Member Profile lapikiorejuda PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saladin Abuhamdieh

Apr 27, 2009

Palestine... it's The cradle of three religions ( Islam.. christianity.. and Judaism ) Palestine has always been in the heart of the ancient world.. many empires lived in Palestine.. Canaanites.. Phoenicians.. Greeks... Byzantine.. the crusaders... Islamic civilization
but now Palestine is under occupation of Israel since 1948.. and then they took what left of Palestine ( West Bank and Gaza strip) in 1967.. then the Palestinian authority came in 1994...
it has many ancient and historical zones... in Jerusalem.. Betlahem.. Hebron.. and Nablus.. and also in the cities that still under israeli army control...
in Palestine there is the lowest city on earth.. Jericho and it also has many monuments..
Palestine lie on the Mediterranean sea from the west... the red sea from the south... and the Dead sea from the east

there is the 3rd and the 4th holiest cities for muslims... Jerusalem and Hebron

we speak arabic in Palestine... also Hebrew many people speak it...

it's a beautiful country... we have 4 seasons a year big grin

and i'm proud to be PALESTINIAN

Member Profile abuhamdieh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
dot

Gender & Age: Female, 28
Apr 29, 2009

I don't like to introduce Vietnam as a friendly country. But I have to admit that it is a very friendly and lenient country although I have not visited any countries abroad yet. I live in small hometown of which culture is mixed among Vietnamese, Chinese, and Cambodia. The culture is distinct from North to West. I am sure you will be interested in the music of my country because there are so many types of music and some special music intrusments.
I don't like noisy places so it is why I feel peaceful when I live in my hometown and taste its special food. The morden city bears complex things I don't like. It is easy to contact a simple person than a a liar.
There are also many beautiful sceneries.
There will be some things happen in front of your eyes if you visit my country. It is not important. Each of us can find out the internal beauty of any circumstances of life as we usually look for in humans.

This post was edited on: 2009-04-29 at 09:38 AM by: dotdot

Member Profile dotdot PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
shobana

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Province/State: Wilayah Persekutuan
City: Kuala Lumpur
Apr 29, 2009

Malaysia is a beautiful multiracial country that has some of the most magnificent architecture you'll ever see. It also beautiful islands with white sandy beaches and clear blue waters. It is a country rich in heritage and with an interesting history behind its making. smile

Member Profile shobana PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
NATHALIE

Gender & Age: Female, 35
Province/State: Mont-Liban
City: Chouaïfète
May 13, 2009

The Republic of Lebanon is the historic home of the Phoenicians, Semitic traders whose maritime culture flourished there for more than 2,000 years (c.2700-450 B.C.) It is a beautifull multicultural country.The Climate is Mediterranean; mild to cool, wet winters with hot, dry summers; Lebanon mountains experience heavy winter snows.There is 95% of Arabs, 4 % of armenians And 1 % of other origines living. The 93.1% of male are educated and 82.2% female.
People so friendly
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Best Regards,
T. S

Member Profile taline78 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Yashoda

Gender & Age: Female, 29
Province/State: Bagmati
City: Kathmandu
May 19, 2009

VISIT NEPAL 2011!!!!!!!

Having sucessful tourism industry in Nepal...Nepal is organizing VISIT NEPAL 2011!!!!

I agree with Sagar, but there are many things to be added.....Nepal is a country which is listed as a peace zone in the world...its the birth place of great people in the world not only Gautam Budhha....but the personalities like Araniko-one of the greatest sculptor of medieval period...great religios people like Sita...its a country where living goddess---KUMARI-- resides...its the country where the greatest peaks of the himalayan range like-Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Kanchanjunga, Ganesh Himal and many more lie.

It is the place enriched with varities of cultures...more than 100 ethnic groups reside in Nepal..imagine the scenario..the multi colored life...the peace and harmony between different religions, cast and cultures...identifies Nepal...

The natural beauty of Nepal...WOW...I bet there are very few countries which has three disttinct climates viz. alpine, moderate and hot climate...three belts with the mountainous region, hilly region and the plain low lands the terai....with the interesting fact that Our capital KAthmandu- is the only capital in the world which experinces all four seasons round a year.

Its a combination of natural beauty enriched with cultural flowers and being the birth place of various personalities who have left mark in the world!!

Member Profile yashoda PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Shorooq

Gender & Age: Female, 24
City: Amman
Jul 11, 2009

First of all I have to say that I am shocked that no one from Jordan came to post, but since they left the job for me I will try my best.

Jordan is one of the most peaceful countries in the region ( Middle East ), it is a democratic country with royal family that rules it, it's a place that is full of history, and it's people are known for their goodness and generosity, it has a sea and a half in it ( the dead sea, and the red sea ) and it has one of the world's seven wonders, Petra, and it also have, most of the population (92%) are Sunni Muslims, or at least they are thought to be, and the other 8% is divided between Christians and other unknown religions, Jordan is a really great place to come to, you can go to a mall ( even though I don't recommend it if you are going to buy something) or you can go to one of the ancient marketplaces down town.

In the other hand Jordan is a relatively small country that have a population of approximately 6 million human being ( 60% percent as youth, and I would like it if you all visited it!! It's a great place to live in and visit.

Member Profile Shori PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM