TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsBulletin BoardPublicize ProjectsResearch volunteers needed: Motivating knowledge exchange in online communities

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Female & 30
Research volunteers needed: Motivating knowledge exchange in online communities
Jan 29, 2008

Dear members of TakingITGlobal,

I am an MPhil student of Hong Kong Baptist University and a member of TakingITGlobal. I have commenced a research about individuals' knowledge exchange behaviors in online communities and would like to invite every TakingITGlobal member to participate in this study.

Being an online community for people to share their knowledge about global issues, TakingITGlobal possesses significant source of value for us as well as different organizations. However, as knowledge exchange greatly depends on people's knowledge seeking and knowledge contributing behaviors, such value can only be realized when the community participants are motivated to do so.

Regarding the above issue, I have thus developed a research project to examine the role of technology in online communities. This research aims to understand how particular IT artifacts implemented in the online communities help to facilitate individuals' knowledge seeking and knowledge contributing behaviors.

Through the creation of a framework linking the design of online community to knowledge exchange behavior, this research is expected to provide implications for practitioners interested in knowledge management and how to leverage technology for competitive advantage. I think this survey can add value to the development of the TakingITGlobal website because the research findings can provide insights and pragmatic guidelines on how to build a successful online community.

Therefore, I truly hope that all of you can participate in this research and help to answer my online survey: http://s-buhgj-31182.sgizmo.com. Also, please help to circulate this link to your friends and invite them to participate in this research. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Sally Pui-Man Law
MPhil Candidate
Department of Finance and Decision Sciences
School of Business
Hong Kong Baptist University

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile sallyusagi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Daliya

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Province/State: Al Iskandariyah
Re: Research volunteers needed: Motivating knowledge exchange in online communities
Nov 23, 2010

Hey Sally
Thanks for posting this great topic as i am one of Tig members i would like to be a part of your Research because i am involved with communications issues and i't role in creating a very large cultural spirit here on Tig i think you have a very good opportunity to share your ideas with the members as we have many people from different countries with the same aim which is to communicate effectively with each others .
you may also think what are the most important topics or issues that most of the members care for and i will sure take the survey *

Good Luck !!

This post was edited on: 2010-11-23 at 08:43 AM by: Daliya

Member Profile Dalia-Tuta PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
mclato

Poster Rank: Talkative
Virtual Volunteer

Province/State: Akwa Ibom
City: Uyo
Re: Research volunteers needed: Motivating knowledge exchange in online communities
Apr 5, 2011

I think this' an important issue.
Lots of communication takes place on the web especially among young people. Current trend seem to however roll attention to social web mostly.

Though, this research might help realize how well young people are utilizing the power of social media.

Well done!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
The world Changer in the making

Member Profile unyimeabasi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM