TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesMillennium Development GoalsThe Millennium Development Goals - What Can I do for my country?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2
Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: The Millennium Development Goals - What Can I do for my country?
Nov 24, 2014

Governments play a great role in the MDGs, however, every citizen your nation has the opportunity to help make a difference. There are many ways to get involved. For example, take a look at the link below:

http://www.wfp.org/get-involved/ways-to-help

The World Food Programme outlines many methods of involvement to fight world hunger such as donation, getting educated about the issue, starting fund raisers, and raising awareness through social media, websites and communities.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile katpokh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Juris

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
The Millennium Development Goals 6 in Burkina Faso
Dec 2, 2014

The following are recommendations to fully achieve the eradication of malaria in Burkina Faso:
1. Maximize the distribution of free anti-malarial nets while making sure that every single family has access to it.
2. Increase establishments of community-based clinics with knowledgeable healthcare providers to every far-flung rural area.
3. Create a policy to increase the fees for, not more than 3, selected international mining companies.
4. Any public/private funds will be transparent to the public.
5. Continue mobilizing and educating the masses, especially the youths, to take part in planning and solving for their healthcare/social needs and well-being.

Member Profile jrs PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Danquah Stefan

City: Kumasi
Re: The Millennium Development Goals - What Can I do for my country?
Mar 14, 2015

Let's be simple! The MDG's are very achievable goals, although some scholars have argued the pragmatic plans for their achievement.Eradicating poverty and hunger, eradicating diseases such as malaria and HIV/AIDS, gender equality etc. are goals that if some committed few out of the continent are to stand for them, these goals can be achieved. Although, we have less than a year to see these goals come to fruition, I see possibilities of its achievement.

Member Profile sdanquah PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM