TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEducationIN WHAT WAYS DO YOU LEARN BEST?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »
Author

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Texas
City: Irving
Re: IN WHAT WAYS DO YOU LEARN BEST?
Dec 17, 2012

Learning is an ongoing process. One cant be said as learned person till he has gone from this world.

The best way to learn is the technique of study you adopt:
1) Always Put your finger in the middle of the text and don't read by rubbing your fingers, read just by scrolling your finger down, it will improve your reading speed and your learning focus capacity.
2) A human mind forgets half of what it learns in 24 hours and full in 7 days. So to avoid this make a revision schedule for your learned part.
3) Make mind maps like flow charts of what ever you study. Try making things to be learnt in pictorial way. Human mind catches something pictorial and unique easily.
4)Make your reading habit regular and smarter.
5) Have a sound sleep of at least six hours a day.
6) the best way to learn nowadays is e-learning technique. You can opt for e-learning sites that give you real time access and easy coverage of the topics.
7) Generally, children always have problem in studying math.Math has always been considered a difficult subject. Hence, one can take help of online tutoring services. One of the site which i recently came across which teaches math is 1to1tutor.org.Children can take help from this site.
This post was edited on: 2012-12-17 at 05:18 AM by: Ray

This post was edited on: 2012-12-17 at 05:27 AM by: Ray

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile RayNarayan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tiffany

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Michigan
City: Detroit
Dec 18, 2012

THE BEST WAYS I LEARN IS IN A GROUP WITH MY FRIEND AND REREADING THE CHAPTER.

Member Profile tiffanytiptip PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
yumeng

Province/State: Colorado
City: Denver
Jan 9, 2013

I think first i have to love the things i learn.

Member Profile meng1005 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
CYucel

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 20
Province/State: Izmir
City: Izmir
Jan 26, 2013

I believe that the best way of learning is (about a foreign language) to speak with native people and to watch foreign movies and series without subtitles in your own language. For the rest, reading foreign books and listening to the music are very effective about learning a foreign language. Especially in these days in this wise i learnt very words.
Except learning a foreign language, for learning an information, the experiments are very effective and permanent i think. Because i did that way and i gained very affirmative results. And also to repeat an information that you learnt in school is memorable. *
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
*CeydaY.*

Bu gönderi düzenlendi: 2013-01-27 at 05:39 AM Tarafından: Ceyda Yucel

Member Profile CYucel PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ECibar

Province/State: Izmir
City: Izmir
Feb 11, 2013

ı think the best is reading smile

Member Profile ECibar PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jonmax

Poster Rank:

Mar 19, 2013

I think many way to learn.
BOOK
Internet
discussion with friend or group discussion
but many people now days used internet. it is very useful for searching online learning tutorial and blog.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
TalenTailor best recruitment agencies in Dubai that provides job vacancies in uae.

Member Profile jonmax PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jonmax

Poster Rank:

Mar 19, 2013

I think many way to learn.
BOOK
Internet
discussion with friend or group discussion
but many people now days used internet. it is very useful for searching online learning tutorial and blog.
TalenTailor best recruitment agencies in Dubai that provides job vacancies in uae.

Member Profile jonmax PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
orioncompany

Province/State: Trabzon
City: Trabzon
May 15, 2013

I can learn better from documentaries.

Member Profile orioncompany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Md. Nurunnabi

Gender & Age: Male, 33
City: Dhaka
Jul 10, 2013

Dearest Karen,
Thanks for the prolific and fabulous thread. The nature of learning depends on various factors so far. As I am teacher educator, I am just reflecting my idea from my experimental point of view.

Learning style implies an idea of the general approach to learn a language.(Dunn and Dunn, 1992) refers “learning style is the way in which each learner begins to concentrate on, process, absorb, and retain new and difficult information”. It reinforces the general direction to the learning behaviors. About the categories of learning styles, Conner (2004) says “There is no agreement on the number or variety of learning styles. A number of learning style models can be found in the research on this subject. These fall into general categories such as information processing, personality patterns, and social interaction”. Information processing distinguishes between the way learners sense, think, solve problems, and remember information whereas personality learning styles classify learners according to their preference and mostly focus on attention, emotion, and values. Social interaction focuses on attitudes, habits, and strategies and takes the learners toward their work and how they engage with their peers when they learn.
Learning strategies have been differentiated into three categories, which are cognitive strategies, metacognitive strategies and social/ affective strategies. Cognitive strategies are applicable to tasks like rehearsal, organization, elaboration and inference process. Metacognitive helps to think what we actually think. It brings awareness in us and we are able to know what to do when we don’t know what to do. It also prepares the learners to make conscious decisions about what they can do to improve their learning through involving the selective attention, planning for organization and monitoring comprehension. Social and affective strategies involve ideational control over affect and include tasks like cooperation and clarification.
In my teaching I always try to develop the awareness of learning strategies of the learners and inspire them to use those appropriately in a large scale. Hence, I believe teacher’s appropriate techniques and capability of doable learner supportive environment as well as a good an ample link with ‘learning styles’ and ‘learning strategies’ can ensure the teach-ability and learnability processes.
Thank you and best of the luck!
Nurunnabi/Bangladesh
Reference:
Conner, M. L. "Introduction to Learning Styles." Ageless Learner, 1997- 2004. http://agelesslearner.com/intros/lstyleintro.html
Md.Nurunnabi

Member Profile Nurunnabi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Md. Nurunnabi

Gender & Age: Male, 33
City: Dhaka
Jul 13, 2013

I think autonomy of learning depends on the 'Learning style' and 'Learning Strategy'.
Thanks and all the best!
Md.Nurunnabi

Member Profile Nurunnabi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Dilshad

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Sep 9, 2013

I learn best by first gaining a good grasp on theory and then applying that material. This way I don't just get the concepts but from actually being able to apply the material I can better remember what I did and feel confident in my learning abilities. smile

Member Profile DilshadFH PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Salpawuni

Sep 21, 2013

The way one learn depend on the situation and the locality. Some learn during pressure, others in peaceful mind. The resources available may also influence one learning.
Knowledge is treasure

Member Profile salpawuni PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Salpawuni

Sep 21, 2013

This presentation shows 10 ways we learn, with a simple acronym to help you remember them and images for each one. The 10 ways we learn are: Practice, Reading, Internet, Discussing, Experience, Thinking, Experimenting, Academic, Creating, and Hearing or Seeing.
Knowledge is treasure

Salpawuni

Sep 21, 2013

This presentation shows 10 ways we learn, with a simple acronym to help you remember them and images for each one. The 10 ways we learn are: Practice, Reading, Internet, Discussing, Experience, Thinking, Experimenting, Academic, Creating, and Hearing or Seeing.
Knowledge is treasure

GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Oct 25, 2013

Interaction or visualization are the best ways to learn faster. There are are many other innovative ways too available to learn at a quicker speed.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM