Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6  »
Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Harare
City: Harare
Re: Engaging youth in Politics
Dec 18, 2008

youths have an active role to play.and have a lot to contribute in the political field.

not only should youth be volunteers,voters but they should also be candidates and seek political office and really articulate the issues of the youth in the corridors of power.

i cant wait for a minister of youth to be a youth by definition of the Adfrican youth Charter.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile dkaiyo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tamunobarabi

Poster Rank: Talkative

Dec 23, 2008

Youths are interested in main stream politics but the older politicians wants to use them as mere political tugs and messagers without drawing them into the core political activities.Why? The reasons are numerous.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Rising to uphold poetry
Rising to build literature
Rising to promote writing in Africa and the world
At Africa Poets Society.

Member Profile tamsgogo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Daniella Fanitsa Mickelson

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Jan 16, 2009

I beleive that youth are involved in Politics, if it sparks an interest for them. Personally I am a 17 year old who is turning 18 in a couple months, and I beleive Politics is a key component for our everyday lives.

Member Profile dmickelson PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Brian

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male, 28
Province/State: Ontario
City: Ajax
Mar 1, 2009

- - - - - - - - Tired of Hip-Hop music about topics no person can relate too? because I was too. This aspired me to create my own music and Now I am making music about great topics not the classic hoes, cars and money. - - - - - - - -

Check it our some great classic style hip hop !

http://www.youtube.com/user/4DRecords

Member Profile 4DRecords PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mohamed Eid

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 35
Province/State: Woqooyi Galbeed
City: Hargeisa
May 6, 2009

The role of youth in politics, it should be friendly welcome youth. There are many countries in this global village, who are not ready or not assign a youth their own right in politics participation. As many of us know their are intellectual youth, who could enable to handle the leadership of the country. I can say shortly, we as youth must be committed this fill and involve this politics participation.

Member Profile EI PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mohamed Eid

Gender & Age: Male, 35
Province/State: Woqooyi Galbeed
City: Hargeisa
May 6, 2009

The role of youth in politics, it should be friendly welcome youth. There are many countries in this global village, who are not ready or not assign a youth their own right in politics participation. As many of us know their are intellectual youth, who could enable to handle the leadership of the country. I can say shortly, we as youth must be committed this fill and involve this politics participation.

Member Profile EI PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ruthibelle

Gender & Age: Female, 29
May 7, 2009

Youth activity in politics is necessary, because youth represent the future of their countries, and they can best express the unique issues that affect their age group.

A part of the problem with this, as I see it, is that youth actually have to be aware of what issues affect the politics of their countries first. I can't speak for all countries of the world, but in Jamaica, there is a large amount of ignorance among youth about what actually happens in the political arena. And what little groups are established for young people interested in contributing to political discourse in the country, are usually deficient because they are saturated with people more interested in 'garrisons' and bashing the opposition than actually developing the country.

And then the term 'politics' has so many negative connotations attached to it, that many people avoid it like he plague. Perhaps real and positive involvement will start with greater awareness of politics as it should be rather than how it actually is...

Member Profile ruthibelle PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

May 7, 2009

I believe the youth should be involved in politics, because one day they will be the adults making the decisions who to vote for

Stephen Ojeremen

Province/State: Abuja Capital Territory
City: Abuja
Jun 30, 2009

Youths involvement in politics is inevitable....while I recognized and believe that the youths are the leaders of tomorrow.In most parts of the World,youths are simply neglected while the elite holds sway on power.

I'm standing on a new World that triggers opportunity for all!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
TakingITGlobal - Inspire. Inform. Involve.

Member Profile ojeremen PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
charles

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Oct 26, 2009

Youths do not particularly care too much about politics and voting in the developed world because their governments allow them
more economic,social and political freedoms.This is the converse in many 3rd world countries like Zimbabwe where the youths are very much interested in exercising their democratic right of casting the ballot as a way of unlocking more freedoms and opportunities enjoyed by
young people in the 1st world.
Back here youths are so much into politics and voting to the extent that Zanu pf, has created youth militias to intimidate political opponents.However despite their increased participation and want of participation, the younger generation in Zimbabwe wield less political power and they are denied even the most fundamental freedoms like free expression.
So reluctance in political participation
in the 1st world by the youth is as a result of few push factors which warrant the need for major political changes as opposed to the 3rd world.

Member Profile charlal PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Marin

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Male, 28
Province/State: Tirane
City: Tirana
Nov 3, 2009

its understadable to see all those powerfull minds withought expres theyr opinion, and if its discused an young opinion discared.
its really a shame so we cant make it work perfectly, withought egoisem.
becouse it is egoisem that make young leaders fall, and be in the most quiet form than ever.

Member Profile stalini PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Elaine Cohen

Gender & Age: Female, 58
Nov 4, 2009

I have observered it is those who feel the weight of Politics that get invovled

and the weight of the world is growing heavy, It will bring young people in countrys were Freedom was a given

Now that everyone is at Risk
in such as a Global Issue
I am looking forward to seeing Young People step up and take their place as leaders in a new and changing world

Member Profile Edenstory PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Katherine

Jan 27, 2010

I think part of the problem is the youth feel unaffected by politics. Their parents have to worry about taxes and debt, not them. It seems like a lot of issues go over adults' heads so of course they go over the younger generations' heads as well. I also think that school takes up a massive amount of time and energy. No one I know wants to finish government homework just to go turn on the news and listen to the latest occurrences in Congress. Yes I do think the youth should be informed so they can later become responsible voters as adults, but I think if society tries to get them to engage early on it will just feel like extra homework or chores and may turn them off of politics for life.

Member Profile animalrights89 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

Jan 30, 2010

Yes that is true, but maybe there should be an approach, just a little bit of information which youth could maintain in a simple setting, so they will feel engaged. If we complicate the approach of having youth involved with politics, yes they will feel like it is an extra chore, but if we educate them about politics in a good fashion, then maybe more and more youth will be involved in voting and such.

Katherine

Feb 3, 2010

I agree that if there is a positive way to promote politics and getting involved we should do it, but at the same time adults cannot even find enough that is positive within politics to get involved so how can we instruct children to? I mean when Obama made a speech to all schools last year people went crazy saying it was propaganda and that the government was trying to influence the kids’ political minds. So either the government gets involved and is accused or brainwashing or they leave kids alone and get trashed for not doing enough. Politics is dirty and I understand why kids and adults choose to stay away.

Member Profile animalrights89 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM