TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesHuman RightsDo pregnant teens have a right to continue school?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: New Jersey
City: Williamstown
Re: Do pregnant teens have a right to continue school?
Apr 12, 2012

Though the teens may have a bad past, that doesn't mean that they can't have a bright future. We can't stop youths from going to school because they made a bad decision in the past. I've learned that we have to stay in the present- the past is the past, and we can't go back and change it now. But we can change our futures.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile hmw102 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kathryn Sabo

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Apr 13, 2012

Well said, Haley!

I agree with your opinion!
Everyone has the right to an education regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic standing, or general circumstance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Kat Sabo

Member Profile KathrynSabo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tammy

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Province/State: Demerara-Mahaica
City: Georgetown
Jul 10, 2012

I totally agree with you, some people don't know how these children became Pregnant in the first place but we just rely on what we hear or what everybody's saying.. I'm working at the Child Protection Agency and we have lots of teenage pregnancy and most children don't want too return to school because of people looking down on them and when the social workers try to encourage them to go back to school, its just a little too late so i'm really trying to say that society should get prove before they start accusing and talking down on teenage mothers because we all make mistake.

Member Profile Tameka369 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
marsi

Oct 12, 2012

yes they do! i think they have all the right to continue school and they should be supported...
http://www.lajm-shqip.com

Member Profile marsi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sarah

Province/State: Colorado
City: Loveland
Apr 9, 2013

Teen pregnancy is a growing problem, I go to a school where you see many teen moms, pregnant girls, or even teen fathers. All these girls started out at normal schools, living normal lives. I have came very close to many teen moms. Both my sister, and my younger cousin are teen moms. My sister got pregnant at 16, and gave birth 2 months after being 17. While my cousin got pregnant at 15, and gave birth at 15, she is now 16. My sister is now 20 and has a 3 yr old and a 9 month old, and she finished high school early. And my cousin is right on track. The schools in my town will never kick you out for getting pregnant. They will give you advice on how you should attend the alternative school, but never would kick you out. Teens mom in america can not be kicked out, it would be telling a student they can not have a free public education. Every student has this right, including teen moms.

Member Profile Sjf17 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
GMR Transcription

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 47
Aug 23, 2013

Off course every teen have the similar right to continue to school irrespective of being normal or pregnant.Teen Pregnancy is never a sin but rather unawareness. Hence they shouldn't be mistreated rather should be helped to continue to their studies to further earn their living hood. To get best transcription service in town, visit me on http://www.gmrtranscription.com/.

Member Profile gmrtrans PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Erica Cepero

Province/State: Georgia
City: Kennesaw
Dec 11, 2013

Of course they have the right to finish school. It is a choice that they have made, and it is their choice to better themselves and become active members of society so when they graduate, they will be able to have a stable job with good income.

Member Profile ecepero PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM