FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male & 37
Province/State: Illinois
City: Chicago
"I Hate All Iranians"
Oct 1, 2007

What a great excuse to push for bombing Iran. So pathetic and disgusting.

I hate all Iranians, US aide tells MPs
By SIMON WALTERS - More by this author »

Last updated at 21:26pm on 29th September 2007
Daily Mail

Britsh MPs visiting the Pentagon to discuss America's stance on Iran and Iraq were shocked to be told by one of President Bush's senior women officials: "I hate all Iranians."

And she also accused Britain of "dismantling" the Anglo-US-led coalition in Iraq by pulling troops out of Basra too soon.

The all-party group of MPs say Debra Cagan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Coalition Affairs to Defence Secretary Robert Gates, made the comments this month.

The six MPs were taken aback by the hardline approach of the Pentagon and in particular Ms Cagan, one of Mr Bush's foreign policy advisers.

She made it clear that although the US had no plans to attack Iran, it did not rule out doing so if the Iranians ignored warnings not to develop a nuclear bomb.

It was her tone when they met her on September 11 that shocked them most.

The MPs say that at one point she said: "In any case, I hate all Iranians."

Although it was an aside, it was not out of keeping with her general demeanour.

"She seemed more keen on saying she didn't like Iranians than that the US had no plans to attack Iran," said one MP. "She did say there were no plans for an attack but the tone did not fit the words."

Another MP said: "I formed the impression that some in America are looking for an excuse to attack Iran. It was very alarming."

Tory Stuart Graham, who was on the ten-day trip, would not discuss Ms Cagan but said: "It was very sobering to hear from the horse's mouth how the US sees the situation."

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Arslanik PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jack

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 28
Province/State: Massachusetts
City: Hyannis
Re: "I Hate All Iranians"
Oct 1, 2007

Thats disgusting, I grow more and more ashamed of my government every day.

Member Profile Jack1289 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Merlyn

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Al Khartum
City: Khartoum
Oct 2, 2007

It is her personal choice to love or hate Iranians. But she must leave it our of her job and take decisions dispassionately. If she does that, she can go on worshiping KKK for all I care.

Member Profile elemental PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Erick Ochieng Otieno

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 39
Province/State: Nairobi Area
City: Kassarani
Oct 2, 2007

I believe that if what is said is true, then it is quite unfortunate that we could be having such leaders when everyone is yearning for peace in the worldsadsadsadsad. We should remember that even if your brother or sister is on the wrong, WAR is nevr a solution. all of you may end up losing your lives and who would be the loser?cryingcryingcryingcrying

Member Profile erioch PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
zxa42

Province/State: Newcastle upon Tyne
City: Newcastle upon Tyne
Oct 2, 2007

If this quote is true then shame on her. If she was not a diplomat then i did not care about her, but she is!!! It is a nightmare for me that a diplomat frankly states she hates a nation. Why!? Just becasue few people in Iranian government are not follow the US policy! How can she hates from all 70,000,000 Iranians including 2,000,000 Iranians who are living in US!!!

She should knows that in many countries the ordinary people are not decision maker for the general policy of their country.

The US government also is not popular in the world but it does not mean that Americans are hateful.

Member Profile ZXA42 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Luke Lieberman

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: California
Oct 3, 2007

She sounds like a bigot and an ideologue.

"Why!? Just becasue few people in Iranian government are not follow the US policy! "

that is a bit of an understatement "not following" how about totally undermining, and confronting - as well as threatening a close ally with annihilation.

They are supplying advanced weapons to Shia death squads in Iraq and Hezbullah in Lebanon. they are opposed to any kind of peace agreement between the Israelis and Palestinians.

Iran, in short has a radical government - but the Bush administration are fools if they do not enguage with the Iranian public.

as to the 2 million living in the US - 600,000 live in my city - LA.

It is sometimes a bit baffling the hostility Iran has for Israel - when Pursians and Jews get along so well here where I live.

Beverly Hills has an Iranian mayor right now, the Jewish and Pursian communities here are very tight - of course most Iranians here hate the Iranian government more then the Jews do - because the Mullahs destroyed their country.

I recently had a very wealthy Iranian explain to me that when he was a young man they had topless beaches in Iran - it was very cosmopolitan. Now they have seperate beaches for men and woman.

Member Profile luke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
George C. Owens

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 62
Province/State: Tennessee
City: Memphis
Oct 4, 2007

The peoples of the United States have more in common with the Peoples of Iran than any of the other middle eastern countries.

bye,
george

Member Profile GeorgeCO PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Apr 2, 2013

"Hate" used to be the cause of many wars and violence in the history of mankind and is driven out of feelings and not logic and wisdom.

Those responsible for representing their societies are expected to follow knowledge, logic, wisdom and hopefully politeness.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sarah

Province/State: Yerushalayim
City: Bet Shemesh
Apr 19, 2013

of course we do not hate "all iranians", that does not push aside the fact that my country is threatened to be completely wiped out by iran, and the world seems to not take it sieriously enough. so i do have a big problem with iran as a country, and iran's leadership- but not with each and every iranian.

Member Profile sarah56 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Apr 19, 2013

sarah56 wrote:

of course we do not hate "all iranians", that does not push aside the fact that my country is threatened to be completely wiped out by iran, and the world seems to not take it sieriously enough. so i do have a big problem with iran as a country, and iran's leadership- but not with each and every iranian.

Sarah,
Who is (are) this "we" as mentioned in your post?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

zxa42

Province/State: Newcastle upon Tyne
City: Newcastle upon Tyne
Apr 19, 2013

sarah56 wrote:

When I read your post first I thought Debora Cagan, who said she hates all Iranian is replying to this post!!! But then I realized you are an Israeli national who talks on behalf of an American politician! Looks weird when you say “we….”!!!

Member Profile ZXA42 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Nov 28, 2014

ZXA42 wrote:

sarah56 wrote:

When I read your post first I thought Debora Cagan, who said she hates all Iranian is replying to this post!!! But then I realized you are an Israeli national who talks on behalf of an American politician! Looks weird when you say “we….”!!!

I have been trying to discuss matters with Sarah but she is not reachable.
Farhad

Farhad

Nov 28, 2014

luke wrote:

She sounds like a bigot and an ideologue.

"Why!? Just becasue few people in Iranian government are not follow the US policy! "

that is a bit of an understatement "not following" how about totally undermining, and confronting - as well as threatening a close ally with annihilation.

They are supplying advanced weapons to Shia death squads in Iraq and Hezbullah in Lebanon. they are opposed to any kind of peace agreement between the Israelis and Palestinians.

Iran, in short has a radical government - but the Bush administration are fools if they do not enguage with the Iranian public.

as to the 2 million living in the US - 600,000 live in my city - LA.

It is sometimes a bit baffling the hostility Iran has for Israel - when Pursians and Jews get along so well here where I live.

Beverly Hills has an Iranian mayor right now, the Jewish and Pursian communities here are very tight - of course most Iranians here hate the Iranian government more then the Jews do - because the Mullahs destroyed their country.

I recently had a very wealthy Iranian explain to me that when he was a young man they had topless beaches in Iran - it was very cosmopolitan. Now they have seperate beaches for men and woman.

Luck,
It is appreciable that Americans like you are supporting humanity.

Civilizations are based on different foundations. Most Middle Eastern civilizations do not regard topless-ness and nudity a value.
Farhad

sarah

Province/State: Yerushalayim
City: Bet Shemesh
Nov 29, 2014

I don't get what you're talking about, sorry. When did I speak on behalf of all Americans or all anything?
All I said was that as an Israeli, I have no problem with Iranian people but have a big problem with the Iranian government,which openly states it wants to destroy my country. that's all.

Member Profile sarah56 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Nov 29, 2014

sarah56 wrote:

I don't get what you're talking about, sorry. When did I speak on behalf of all Americans or all anything?
All I said was that as an Israeli, I have no problem with Iranian people but have a big problem with the Iranian government,which openly states it wants to destroy my country. that's all.

Sarah,
Now, your words are clear.
Farhad

« BACK TO FORUM