TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEducationwhat is your idea of a perfect school?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 ... , 23 24 25  »
Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Florida
City: Tarpon Springs
Re: what is your idea of a perfect school?
Sep 14, 2014

My idea of a perfect school is one in which students can work at their own pace as long as the work they do is productive. I think classes and courses should be based on the idea of social efficiency and preparing students for their future jobs and in-home skills.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile vlmaddex PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Cierra

Province/State: Florida
City: Oldsmar
Sep 14, 2014

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a perfect school; there is no such thing as perfect but only something designed to appear perfect.
If such a school existed, it would be a place where we aren't graded on what we know, but on how much we are learning. It would be a place where those wanting to learn can come to learn and not have to pay the price they would today. A perfect school would be a place where everyone could feel safe and be able to comprehend what's happening and what they are learning.
Maybe, one day, such a school may exist. Hopefully this day will be soon; but it just might not be soon enough.

Member Profile cierra2069 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Gail

Province/State: Michigan
City: Hell
Sep 30, 2014

As an American Education System high schools student, I have quite a few ideas for a perfect school. Firstly, essays are useless if you don’t actually know the material, anyone can write about something but actually being able to do something? Such as, for instance, Finance and Economics being a required course. Those are useful classes, teaching you how to live in a modern world, yet they’re electives. And that’s only the beginning. What about auto classes, how to change a tire, or cooking classes? Useful skills. I spend all my time outside of class either reading about something or actually doing it, simply because that’s the only way I know I’ll be prepared. First aid, how to convince people, fixing things, how to use my skills in the real world. And because of school, you say? Well, I may not know how to prepare a portfolio but I know how to factor a quadratic equation! top taking attendance by ninth grade, if someone wants to be in school then they will be in school. You’re only hurting the general environment by forcing those who don’t want to learn distract those who do. And make the classes more personalized by high school. Better yet, let students take a year or two “off” to apprentice under someone of the job they hope to take. Let them learn what they do, how they do it, how to help, and if they decide it’s not for them they can switch to something else. Give them real world experience. In addition, make sexual education part of the health curriculum. You know how many people I've talked to who don't know anything about the actual act of sex? And before you freak out on me, think of it this way: Don't teach people how a parachute works, because then they'll not want to jump out of a plane. Hello? You're going to need this information at some point, better from a verified and trusted source then pron videos offline! I know girls who think oral sex will get them pregnant. This is what we need to correct. Including differing sexualities, if students learn about these they'll know that they aren't all so hated. Increase the diversity of classes, and do this so all classes are available by high school if not seventh grade. Right around sixth and seventh grade is when students begin to lose their passion for learning and direct their talents to outside hobbies of school, I say, why not give those students a chance to learn about these topics in school? Also, have an open hour where students are free to travel to any teacher, to a media center, ect. to learn about something of their choice or study something further, with all teachers ready to help those willing. This would also encourage more engaging teachers, as those who have the most students in these open hours should be the highest paid based off their abilities and quality of their student's education.

Member Profile mischievouscha PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Gail

Sep 30, 2014

As an American Education System high schools student, I have quite a few ideas for a perfect school. Firstly, essays are useless if you don’t actually know the material, anyone can write about something but actually being able to do something? Such as, for instance, Finance and Economics being a required course. Those are useful classes, teaching you how to live in a modern world, yet they’re electives. And that’s only the beginning. What about auto classes, how to change a tire, or cooking classes? Trade skills. I spend all my time outside of class either reading about something or actually doing it, simply because that’s the only way I know I’ll be prepared. First aid, how to convince people, fixing things, how to use my skills in the real world. And because of school, you say? Well, I may not know how to prepare a portfolio but I know how to factor a quadratic equation! Also, stop taking attendance by ninth grade, if someone wants to be in school then they will be in school. You’re only hurting the general environment by forcing those who don’t want to learn distract those who do. And make the classes more personalized by high school. Better yet, let students take a year or two “off” to apprentice under someone of the job they hope to take. Let them learn what they do, how they do it, how to help, and if they decide it’s not for them they can switch to something else. Give them real world experience. In addition, make sexual education part of the health curriculum. You know how many people I've talked to who don't know anything about the actual act of sex? And before you freak out on me, think of it this way: Don't teach people how a parachute works, because then they'll not want to jump out of a plane. Hello? You're going to need this information at some point, better from a verified and trusted source then pron videos offline! I know girls who think oral sex will get them pregnant. This is what we need to correct. Including differing sexualities, if students learn about these they'll know that they aren't all so hated. Increase the diversity of classes, and do this so all classes are available by high school if not seventh grade. Right around sixth and seventh grade is when students begin to lose their passion for learning and direct their talents to outside hobbies of school, I say, why not give those students a chance to learn about these topics in school? Also, have an open hour where students are free to travel to any teacher, to a media center, ect. to learn about something of their choice or study something further, with all teachers ready to help those willing. This would also encourage more engaging teachers, as those who have the most students in these open hours should be the highest paid based off their abilities and quality of their student's education.

Gail

Sep 30, 2014

As an American Education System high schools student, I have quite a few ideas for a perfect school. Firstly, essays are useless if you don’t actually know the material, anyone can write about something but actually being able to do something? Such as, for instance, Finance and Economics being a required course. Those are useful classes, teaching you how to live in a modern world, yet they’re electives. And that’s only the beginning. What about auto classes, how to change a tire, or cooking classes? Trade skills. I spend all my time outside of class either reading about something or actually doing it, simply because that’s the only way I know I’ll be prepared. First aid, how to convince people, fixing things, how to use my skills in the real world. And because of school, you say? Well, I may not know how to prepare a portfolio but I know how to factor a quadratic equation! Also, stop taking attendance by ninth grade, if someone wants to be in school then they will be in school. You’re only hurting the general environment by forcing those who don’t want to learn distract those who do. And make the classes more personalized by high school. Better yet, let students take a year or two “off” to apprentice under someone of the job they hope to take. Let them learn what they do, how they do it, how to help, and if they decide it’s not for them they can switch to something else. Give them real world experience. In addition, make sexual education part of the health curriculum. You know how many people I've talked to who don't know anything about the actual act of sex? And before you freak out on me, think of it this way: Don't teach people how a parachute works, because then they'll not want to jump out of a plane. Hello? You're going to need this information at some point, better from a verified and trusted source then pron videos offline! I know girls who think oral sex will get them pregnant. This is what we need to correct. Including differing sexualities, if students learn about these they'll know that they aren't all so hated. Increase the diversity of classes, and do this so all classes are available by high school if not seventh grade. Right around sixth and seventh grade is when students begin to lose their passion for learning and direct their talents to outside hobbies of school, I say, why not give those students a chance to learn about these topics in school? Also, have an open hour where students are free to travel to any teacher, to a media center, ect. to learn about something of their choice or study something further, with all teachers ready to help those willing. This would also encourage more engaging teachers, as those who have the most students in these open hours should be the highest paid based off their abilities and quality of their student's education.

Dave Winter

Province/State: Waikato
City: Hamilton
Nov 8, 2014

My intention is to continue to “talk the walk”. This will take place in many
ongoing opportunities for teachers to develop. Working with students and teachers together is my intended method for developing effective innovative practice. Activities should be pinned to ongoing clear real purpose. We have a number of educators approaching our Regional Cluster group looking to engage with us and this is a core intention. I intend to publish with students through produced media and my blog alongside face to face work

Member Profile davein2it PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Dave Winter

Province/State: Waikato
City: Hamilton
Nov 8, 2014

We are trying to connect with other students to find out what they appreciate about their schools/classrooms. We would get back to anyone who replied to us. Create connections to New Zealand. Would love some replies from around New Zealand too. One class of students have a modern learning environment with new furniture and they all appreciated that. http://southwellkids.blogspot.co.nz/2014/11/what-we-appreciate-about-our-class-room.htm l

Member Profile davein2it PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Nov 9, 2014

Perfection is impossible and even more so under capitalism which basically advocates 9 to 5 teaching irrespective of those who think it doesn't take a look at the world you live in it's 9 to 5 hell out there unless you haven't noticed.

Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sam

Province/State: Delhi
City: Delhi
Dec 31, 2014

A Perfect school is a school that does nto rely on making students - a system slave and one that does not teach them fake history that is pro govt rulers. And focuses on skill development and creativity of a student.

Member Profile alerter PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Dec 31, 2014

mischievouscha wrote:

Amusing post.

It seems free, discussion type classes and workshops are becoming necessary besides the compulsory classes. This could be varied according to the age, grade, gender and culture.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Dec 31, 2014

There is something missing in our discussions and that is the importance of safety and security in schools.

Almost everywhere in the planet incessant students and teachers are being killed, injured and kidnapped by either some dispersed students and teachers or by criminals.

Serious precautions and solutions shall be kept and provided for the safety and security of schools, students and teachers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ravi Singh

Poster Rank: Talkative

Feb 25, 2015

Right things should be taught in a perfect school. Humanity, care for others etc should be incorporated in the curriculum along with the academic subjects

Ravi Singh
https://worldanthem.wordpress.com
Ravi K Singh
Author: '3rd Planet - The transformation begins'

Member Profile bravikiransingh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ravi Singh

Poster Rank: Talkative

Feb 25, 2015

Right things should be taught in a perfect school. Humanity, care for others etc should be incorporated in the curriculum along with the academic subjects

Ravi Singh
https://worldanthem.wordpress.com
Ravi K Singh
Author: '3rd Planet - The transformation begins'

Member Profile bravikiransingh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sexhtv

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Chelyabinsk
City: Uk
May 18, 2015

Hi.
I agree that students in third-world countries have great enthusiasm for learning. However I found that many teachers - as well as students - were trapped within certain paradigms and assumptions about learning; my suggestion was that it is possible, only by widespread choice, for students and teachers to collaborate to think of new ways to educate - thus changing the system.

gai nứng lồn , loan luan với mẹ, phim jav

Member Profile sexhtv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sexhtv

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Chelyabinsk
City: Uk
May 18, 2015

em gai dam dang, nung lon qua

Member Profile sexhtv PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM