Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 26
Province/State: Michigan
Profile problems
Jun 12, 2007

Hi, I'm new to this site and I've been playing around with my profile, and it seems that the hiding/not hiding features for "Gender and Age", "Location", and "Country of Birth" are not working. "Gender and Age" as well as "Country of Birth" are simply not displaying in my profile view whether I check or uncheck the hide option, and "Country of Birth" shows up regardless if I choose to hide it or not. Also, my country of residence is not displayed in my profile. Are these glitches? Would really appreciate some help, thanks.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile espoir PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hugh Switzer

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: Profile problems
Jun 13, 2007

Hello and welcome to TIG!

I can explain all the problems that you're experiencing smile

For those members who are under 16, age and gender are hidden automatically (as well as your profile photo) for safety reasons. This is mostly in response to concerns that have been raised in the past with regard to online safety of youth. While you may well be educated about the net (and most youth are, I think) there are some out there who may not be so bright and age or gender may bring about unwanted communication or other unsafe conditions. This policy was setup pro-actively rather than in reaction to an event that occured, so rest assured that you're safe here! This goes for country of residence as well.

There are some small bugs in there, so we'll have country of residence display, but not province/state and city.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to leave any additional feedback or questions!

Member Profile hugh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hugh Switzer

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: Profile problems
Jun 15, 2007

Just a quick update here!

We're currently reviewing our policies about what members can and cannot show in their profile. I don't want to say anything before things are set in stone, but we're leaning towards more liberal policies for TIG members who are over the age of 13! YAY big grin

Will update this post with the decision when it's been made/implimented!

Member Profile hugh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM