TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEducationwat is more important... knowledge or experience?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
wat is more important... knowledge or experience?
Apr 16, 2003

the main point for people to attend school is that each and everyone of us desperately want a good education. as we attend school, we gain much and much knowledge. however, in some situations, some people with less education and a lot of experience can also perform the same outcome. with expereince some people can be standing at the same level as people who has lots of knowledge. Nevertheless, some people that has less experince and lots of knowledge might demonstrate the same thing. each individual's opinion is differnt to this question. To your own point of view, wat do u think is more important? knowledge or experience?

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Fionalau PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sukhpreet

Gender & Age: Female, 28
City: Scarborough
Re: wat is more important... knowledge or experience?
Apr 16, 2003

I'm not really sure. I think that in order to require knowledge you need to have some sort of experience. I think that they are both needed together, if their wasn't one of them then the other one would be scrued and confusing as well.

Member Profile sukhpreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Dolly

Gender & Age: Female, 29
Apr 18, 2003

i think the same as sukhpreet. i think they or both important in order to succeed.....

Member Profile Dolly PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ally Li

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Hmm...
Apr 19, 2003

I think it is important to have both experience and knowledge. We use experience and knowledge in life, whenever we do something. Knowledge is used for everything, and experience is used when you need to do somthing. With knowledge you can learn and get experienced. Experience helps earn knowledge. To me they are both important, but I think knowledge stands out to me more than experience. That's only in my opinion. YOu can have a different one.

Member Profile Ally18 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
tarnjit

Apr 21, 2003

Um..... it's hard to say, but I think that they are both important. Knowledge is what we need succeed. Knowledge is not only gained from education, it is gained by experience. Experiences are a great importance to learn and gain but so is knowledge. To me, I think they are both the same thing. One can not do with the other. I mean, without experience you wouldn't gain more knowledge. Without experience you wouldn't gain more knowledge. I think that they are linked together in which they are equally important.

Member Profile tarnjitgill PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sally

Gender & Age: Female, 27
Apr 24, 2003

i think experience is more important when thingz happen u can actually experience it and noe how itz like (and noe how to deal with it and stuf) jus by having knowledge wouldn't help u to noe wat to do the next timethe same situation happens again...cuz knowledge is not always accurate...to be a expert at sumthin u need experience with it and git used to it

Member Profile SallyL PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jason

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 27
Apr 24, 2003

They are both equally importent, because you'll need the experience for jobs to want you, they don't really want a n00bie that just came out from university or something, unless you have a lot of education.

Member Profile JasonM202 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
annie

Gender & Age: Female, 28
May 17, 2003

That's hard. I cant really say. Experience and knowleadge are both impoprtant in some ways. Ya taht is right dont you need experince in order to understand knowleadge? Isnt knowledge nformation about a subject which has been obtained by experience or study? And isnt experience knowledge or skill which is obtained from doing, seeing or things? Therefore arent knowledge and experience related. Without experience there wouldnt be knowledge. So they are both important. I We use knowlegde and experince in our everyday life. I cant choose or say which is more important.

Member Profile anna17 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
janet ng yah woon

Gender & Age: Female, 35
May 28, 2003

Well, i feel that we shouldn't use the word important here coz both are important. But rather, use the word 'valuable'. In my opinion, experience is more valuable than knowledge coz knowledge can be gain through years of studies, amount of research papers read and number of practice papers you had done.

But experience is a different story altogether, it cannot be gain through books or any other way if you dun do it yourself. Books may tell you how to sit through an interview in a breeze but without experience, you won't know the heart-pumping, adrenaline rushing effect even before you sat for the first interview.

Experience is conducted in the social university. It deals with people, it deals with the everyday life and the society on the whole. Everyone earns a different experience every day which can't be taught by books.

So experience is more valuable than knowledge. But both are just as important.

Member Profile exette PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Basem

Jul 23, 2003

It is very important to have knowledge and experience

Member Profile basem PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
meryana

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female, 31
Aug 19, 2003

i think experience is a litlle more important than knowledge. because you experience something yourself. you feel it and you go through it. it is different with knowledge. you don't experience something with knowledge. but you learn from other people. for instance, people tell you how to operate a computer. they tell you. it is knowledge. but when you try to operate a computer by yourself you've felt how it is and it becomes an experience and also a knowledge for you.

Member Profile meryana PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
AKINOLA AKINLOLU

Province/State: Lagos
experience
Sep 19, 2003

Knowledge as aresult of education ,opens the door of opportunity but it take expereince to make use of the opportunity wisely,so therefore experience makes most of a successful life.

Member Profile akinola PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Oke Rotimi

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Lagos
City: Ikeja
Knowledge
Oct 7, 2003

It think we need knowledge to experience.
Knowledge comes first before experience.It is the knowledge you have and apply to a situation that will make you have experience in that area.

if you don't have knowledge and wisdom ,you can't do anything right talkless of having experince.This is my opinion

_______Rotimi omo iya shade

Member Profile okerotimi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Dying

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male, 29
Province/State: Auckland
City: North Shore
Oct 18, 2003

I think that you are trying to seperate two things which are one and the same. You can gain knowledge by education. But experience gives you knowledge anyway. What you need to be asking is "what is the better way to gain knowledge, experience, or education". This itself isn't even the best question, as experience is simply a form of education anyway. Ok, ok so i'm not making too much sense here. Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say anyway.

Member Profile Dying PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Luke Lieberman

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: California
Oct 18, 2003

exactly - what is the difference between knowlege and experience - they are the same thing - any difference is purely semanticle.

Knowledge is gained through experience - I challenge anyone to show me how knowledge might be gained without experience.

Member Profile luke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM