FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: bullying
Jan 31, 2012

I believe that bullying is one of the biggest problems our world has today. I have absolutely no tolerance for bullying. I don't understand what it is that makes one person feel as if they're better than someone else and that's it's perceived as okay to harm one another, physically or emotionally. It needs to be erased from our society.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile tayenglish PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Cassie

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Arizona
City: Tucson
Apr 20, 2012

hi i have recently read an artilce on bullying and although some of it I may not agree with I wanted some of your opinions on it. So according to this peer reviewed article called Bullying:A Concern For Survival they define bullying as " a student who is being bullied when he or she is exposed of repeatedly and over time to negative actions on the part of one or more students." they consider negative actions as " intentionally inflicts or attemt to inflict,injury or discomfort on another." which to me is a bit vague since how does one attemt to inflict harm on another they either do it or don't. another thing that i wanted your view on is the stats they have for being bullied though i think it would be higher in number they think otherwise. so a study had been done in upstate New York and it cosisted of 847 8th graders. 16% of the students had said that they had been vicitmized by bullies while in middle school. 47% were boys,53% were girls. so far that is what i have so if you want to add on to anything feel free to do so. thanks!

Member Profile cmpasko PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Cassie

Province/State: Arizona
City: Tucson
Apr 27, 2012

According to an article called UB Reporter there had been a study done in 1993 by a psychologist Dan Olweus who found that 60% of children were characterized as bullies in 6-9th grade and had at least one criminal conviction by age 24. now wouldnt you think if there are bullies today that there will also be rise in violence in the world?

Member Profile cmpasko PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Haley

Province/State: New Jersey
City: Williamstown
Apr 29, 2012

Bullying's terrible. But most of the bullies I've ever seen don't even seem to know that they're bullying. They think that being mean to others is just like any other aspect of their life. There was once a time when I would have just walked away from the bully. I would have just tried to ignore what they said and how it hurt. But sometimes the bully needs to know that what they're doing is wrong. Because in one case, I met a bully who didn't even know right from wrong. If you don't stand up for yourself, no one else will stand up to the bully either.

Member Profile hmw102 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
AmBam

Province/State: Michigan
City: Detroit
Dec 18, 2012

Bullying is very serious. If you are a bully and are bullying people everyday, then you should stop because people who are being bullied will soon get enough of the bullying and will hurt themselves and maybe even commit suicide. That is very serious when it would not have to go that far if bullies would stop bullying!mad

Member Profile Amckinzie727 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Stacey Norris

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Dec 18, 2012

I feel as if bullying is wrong. picking on someone because you do not like them or if they are diffenrt is not righ at all. i feel as if anyone who bullies anyone has nothing else better to do with themselves.

Member Profile StaceyN95 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Cheyenne Smith

What have they done?
Dec 18, 2012

I feel as if even though there are commericals being shown and posters being put up nothing much is being done about bullying. There are a large number of people most teenagers commiting suicide because of bullying. So what is really being done about this issue

Member Profile SMontana PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Khalil Huffman

Jan 31, 2013

I think it is totally wrong, mean,and so lame I don't like people who bully others around wither its online or in real Life.

Member Profile khalilhuffman PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Beary Special

Gender & Age: Female, 50
Province/State: Missouri
City: Rayville
Feb 3, 2013

Bullying is a form of Harassment and should be taking very seriously. I could not stand by and what I would have to say or do something.

Member Profile BearySpecial PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
OzkannEliff

Feb 16, 2013

Bullying is the worst behavior of the world. It always feels bad. If my friends bullied to me, i would ask them to stop. I think the best thing for this ptoblem to do is to talk to these people face-to-face and ask them outright what their problem is with me.

Member Profile OzkannEliff PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Danny

Province/State: Colorado
City: Loveland
Apr 10, 2013

Bullies only bully people because, they are insecure about something about themselves. I've always been made fun of because I am a transgendered male. That doesn't mean they want to be transgender but they have something they don't want people to know about themselves. They make fun of me around their friends but when they are by themselves they text me or they wanna hangout and they are so sweet.. Like it doesn't make sense so I'm defending both sides. We can't like be rude to them because they are probably having issues in their lives also. They just having different ways of coping with things.
Thanks
Danny Sauer

Member Profile dannysauer PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Muhammad Zulfahmi Husain

Province/State: Sulawesi Selatan
City: Makassar
Aug 2, 2013

bullying is a real pleasure to do that, most people say "enjoy your school days" but said it made ​​the kids nowadays abused, they think that school enjoy it in a joking manner, mocked, criticized and it does have hard pleasure , but without deliberate person who is bullying you, you've ruined his school years with the painful memories of his past, I think so because I've felt both of these situations both bullying and being bullied and for those who are happy with bullying, please try to feel How can you in his position what time in mock pain. but honestly after you pass through that situation you will be more mature and understanding towards others smile

Member Profile ZulfahmiHusain PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Muhammad Zulfahmi Husain

Province/State: Sulawesi Selatan
City: Makassar
Aug 2, 2013

bullying is a real pleasure to do that, most people say "enjoy your school days" but said it made ​​the kids nowadays abused, they think that school enjoy it in a joking manner, mocked, criticized and it does have hard pleasure , but without deliberate person who is bullying you, you've ruined his school years with the painful memories of his past, I think so because I've felt both of these situations both bullying and being bullied and for those who are happy with bullying, please try to feel How can you in his position what time in mock pain. but honestly after you pass through that situation you will be more mature and understanding towards others smile

Member Profile ZulfahmiHusain PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Joshua W. Cormier

Province/State: New Brunswick
City: Moncton
Aug 11, 2013

Bullying is a major issue which is not being addressed in the right manor in the public education system.Times are changing and myself a student in Junior High the majority of bullying now happens online which the school districts at least in canada don't seem to grasp. Now majority of the student body now has at least one electronic device in their home capable of accessing the internet roughly all the bullying happens online. 88% of teens who use social media have seen someone being cyberbullied or picked on online. And not only is the majority of bullying happening online now its more extreme then in real life because people are generally more likely to bully online then in person because in real life people can do more about but online all you can do is ignore or sit and watch. And the sad part is most teens don't realize that what people are saying to them is bullying because they make it seem like their joking by following a phrase like "Your so Stupid im going to kill you" with a lol, Haha,Rofl. In short bullying is a subject which strikes a cord with me and i feel very strongly about it and will do anything to help someone who needs it.

Stats on Online Bullying
http://www.covenanteyes.com/2012/01/17/bullying-statistics-fast-facts-about-cyberbullying/

Member Profile ImJoshChaos PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
fotini

Province/State: Florida
City: Tarpon Springs
Sep 25, 2013

Bully prevention is very important to me. I strongly believe that bullies are who they are simply due to jealousy. They are so troubled in their life that they feel the need to make others feel bad too.

Member Profile fotini22 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM