TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEducationhomework, is it fair????

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2 3  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 28
Province/State: Ontario
City: Scarborough
homework, is it fair????
Apr 1, 2003

Homework isn't always fair. Sometimes the teacher gives a lotr of it. Most of it is review from what they did at school.

But then again, it could be fair, because it is helping students practise for tests.

Please post what you think.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile sukhpreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jac14

Gender & Age: Female, 28
Re: homework, is it fair????
Apr 4, 2003

i think that there should be some homework because it reinforces hwat you've learned. But i don't think there should be alot of homework in every subject at the same time!

Member Profile jac14 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Rachel

Apr 4, 2003

I agree with you that its sometimes fair, and sometimes not fair. Yes it does help us with up coming tests. But when they give us a lot of homework, its all due the next day! That is too much work load ot finish in a day. But it helps review what you've learned so far, so that you don't forget. So homework is sort of both, fair and unfair.

Member Profile rachel25 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kanka23

Stop Whining
Apr 5, 2003

I think there should be homework because homework is benifiting us in many ways for ex. we learn more, it helps our brain work, because studies show that when a person goes through a long period of time without doing work they wiil lose alot of brain cells. The main reason for homework is to prepare ous for tests, and more importantly are future.

I do agree in one thing, that there should not be lots of homework for one day because all it does is it makes you get stressed out, i think homework should be more evenly distrubuted throughout the week.

Member Profile Kanka PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Umi A.

Gender & Age: Male, 32
City: Mississauga
Re: Stop Whining
Apr 5, 2003

Originally posted by Kanka
I do agree in one thing, that there should not be lots of homework for one day because all it does is it makes you get stressed out, i think homework should be more evenly distrubuted throughout the week.

The even distribution of homework is quite codependent on your own time management skills. Granted, there are certain situations where masses of homework are unavoidable, but if you manage your time wisely and set a schedule (i.e. use your planner, etc.), there shouldn't be a large portion of homework to complete on a particular day.

That might be what I will take away from homework after graduating. The time management skills...smile

Member Profile afaceinthemoonlight PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Nina Bagli

City: Toronto
Apr 5, 2003

Homework is fair, but an overload of homework is not. If I child has to stay up late at night to finish his or her homework, it isnt good. This affects our sleep and if you dont get enough rest you cant concentrate the next day! Also kids can get help on their homeowrk from family members which also isnt fair.

On the other hand I think that teachers give out homework because there isnt enough time in the whole day for them to cover all the material they planned. If students concnetrate in class, maybe the amount of homework we recieve would be less.

Member Profile Nina1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sukhpreet

Apr 6, 2003

i think.... that homework is fair. But somedays the teachers hardly give any.... and the next day they give so much. I think that they should balance it. Its true that it's good because it prepares you for the future, and tests.

Member Profile sukhpreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
AMA ADOW

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Re: Stop Whining
Apr 6, 2003

YEAH STOP WHINNING PEOPLE.I AGREE THAT HOMEWORKS SHOULD BE GIVEN TO US 'COS THE ACTUALLY PREPARE US FOR TESTS.ON FRIDAY,I HAD MATH TEST AND GUESS WHAT IT WAS PRETTY EASY 'COS MY MATH TEACHER GIVES US HOMEWORK EVERY BLESSED DAY AND GOD BLESS HER HEART!!AT FIRST I WAS A DUNCE IN MATH DUT NOW I'M THE SMARTEST KID IN MY MATH CLASS ALL THANKS TO PRACTICE WITH HOMEWORK!!!I'M AN A+ STUDENT 'COS I DO HOMEWORK WHICH HELP ME IN TESTS.

Member Profile A43BLACK PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Susan Something

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Apr 10, 2003

I agree some teachers do give alot of homework thats do the next day. but its good because you can keep practicing to be alot better at it.If i was a teacher i would give out maybe two or three sheets but no more than that.but i have been through times when i got about three or four sheets front and back witch i find unfair.

Member Profile kewlskewlgurl PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
xo-leighanne

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Apr 10, 2003

Sure , why not? Homework can benefit us. I mean , if our teachers didn't give us homework then how else would our parents see and help us understand what we're doing?On the other hand , it can be hard , annoying , boring and down right senseless , for example when its something that we did at school , something simple , and we have 4-5 pages that we did at school already , what's the use. I think that home work should be cut down , except for something that we would need practice , so , maybe the first time that we learn something , we can get a page or 2 of homework , only the first time though ....

Member Profile cutay90 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Elvi

Apr 11, 2003

I diagree with u because the teachers are trying to help us for highschool

Member Profile Elvi3000 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Fiona

Apr 11, 2003

In my opinion, i agree that homework is fair to all of us. homework can help us learn more for school which would therefore lead us to our future careers. for instince, even if we learned a large amount of information in school, we still need something to do to either help us with our learning, or to keep us on task. it may help us to refresh our memories on certain subjects and things. it helps us with our learning habits and it would make us for educated.

school is about learning, and homework can be said as a part of our learning requirements. it is something beneficial and can also help us with many things. homework is something very useful and i say that homework is fair to all of us.

Member Profile Fionalau PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
x6qv258fa43c1113b7

Gender & Age: Male, 26
Homework: Good or Evil?
Apr 21, 2003

I think homework is significantly necessary. It gives you practice on what you have learned on that paticular day of school. If there was no homework, everyone would be a pudden-head. Everyone could sleep in class and then go home to sleep some more. Then when test time rolls by, you would be clueless!
-vageesan
aka Vage

Member Profile x6qv258fa43c1113b7 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
annie

May 18, 2003

I think homework is fair. Homework helps us review what we have learn in clss that day. Also, it helps the students prepare for tests. Homework can help the students leasrn more. More omportantly, it help us prepare for the future. somtime students will learn more if they do their homework. So i think homework is fair. True sometimes teachers do give the students a lot of homework in a day.....and that isnt fair. Then again there are many benefits for doing homework.

Member Profile anna17 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Elizabeth

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Massachusetts
Homework
Jul 1, 2003

After viewing all of the complaints about homework, I was shocked. I am a middle schooler and at the least, I receice 4 hours of homework a night every week during the school year. Do my teachers wish to torture me? I can assure you, they do not, they wish to prepare me. Maybe you are thinking that I must go to a private school to feel this way, but the truth is I am an attendee of a public school. Then why do I feel that having homework is a good thing? Well, first off you can only learn so many things before your brain begins to close its eagerness to absorb the information, that is why we are taught when we are young. Secondly, homework is like practice; if you only do it once you can't possibly get any better. Truly, I believe homework prepares us for life later on. When you are working at a job eight or more hours a day, I'll bet you will wish you could be back in the classroom! Don't worry, it can't last forver, and challenges can be exciting!
GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Profile opinionram14 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM