Thread Pages 1 2 3  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 28
Province/State: Ontario
City: Scarborough
women are as capable as men
Mar 26, 2003

For the past centuries women have been considered second class citizens. The queston 'why' comes in mind. Its not as if women have a disability. They are as capable as men. In some places women are not allowed to have a proper education, because their brothers educations come first. This isn't fare!!!! Women can achieve as well as any men. Everyone should get an opportunity, to prove what they can and can't do so it shouldn't be decided on their gender.

Many people take women for granded. For example they think that they are too weak to defend themselves. Some people don't look at they qualities, and respect them. In some countries women are treated so bad that it is very common for a female to get sexually abused.

Women should also be allowed to pick their careers. Their shouldn't be a difference between male jobs, and female jobs. Who decide what job is what job. We do!!! How can anyone prove that just because most women don't have as strong muscles as men that they can't work on a career.

In the past years this has happened, mostly because the women depended on the men. Everyday the men came tired from a days worth of work outside the house, while the women were tired of the work inside the house. So it balanced it out. The discrimination shouldn't have done happened back then either. This has changed in some parts of the world, where women are getting a say of how they want to run their lives. We could change the future, because we are the future. One step at a time women will work thier way up so that they are treated as equally as the men. (And who knows maybe we will get as far as a first women prime misinster) Everyone deserves to be treated the same.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile sukhpreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Roshan Jeyakumar

City: Markham
ummmm.no!
Mar 26, 2003

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!! GO GO GO GO GO go sukpreet it ur birthday...ummm no! I strongly still think that men are more capable then women. this has nothing to do with the fact that Men tend to be physically more stronger than Women! I think that women in this world are lacking mental strength! The do not have the courage to speak up and show that they are smart! I do admit that girls are very capable i think that if the girls stood up more then they may have a chance! I dont think that girls can do everything a man can do! They say that girls can do jus as much as boys but why do boys always beat the girls in any sports when they play girls versus boys? Answer me! At the same time we can't do some things that u can! Like givin birth! It can be very difficult! I don't think a man could handle that kinda pain nearly as much as a women!

Member Profile Roshan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Keerathana

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female, 28
City: Toronto
What!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 28, 2003

I don't think so!!!!!

Roshan I think you have it all wrong! Women do have mental strength, if they didn't, then they wouldn't have invented the many inventions that make our life easy. Just to name you a few of the remarkable inventions that women have invented, windshield wiper, spacesuits, disposable cell phone, dishwasher,and much much more. For your information women do have the courage to speak up. Women don't just blab stuff out, they take their time, and think before they say something. When you are saying that girls loose while playing boys vs girls you are wrong again. Roshan, you are probably talking about the girls in our school or the schools you have previously gone to. But you don't know what happens in other schools while they are playing boys vs girls. Maybe the girls beat the boys then.So you don't have full proof if girls always loose.And yes I'm sure men can't handle the pain that many women go through, but the least you can do is be more conciderate and change your opinion on women!

Member Profile Keerathana PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Luke Lieberman

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: California
Re: women are as capable as men
Mar 29, 2003

Roshan - you might want to keep those ideas to yourself or you are going to ba a virgin till' your 40. There are certain things women are definately better at.

and ladies - I think y'all are wonderful.

Member Profile luke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Luke Lieberman

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: California
Mar 29, 2003

Why is windshield wipers at the top your list when you think of female contributions to our species?

Anyway I just can't take this arguement seriously - one half of the human race is not 'better' than the other - just different - period.

Member Profile luke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mikael

Gender & Age: Male, 35
Province/State: Quebec
City: Montréal
Mar 29, 2003

A lot of good ideas have been put forth here. Luke, I agree that men and women don't need to be classified by who is better. There are differences, but they complement each other. Women are getting more and more of a chance to do the things that they've been prevented from doing for years, and in doing so proving that they are just as capable as men. There's still lots of room for improvement, but in North America at least there has been a large amount of progress. This is the kind of thing that takes time, though - because old habits die hard, and as the generations progress we'll hopefully see more equality all over the world...

Member Profile mikael PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mikael

Mar 29, 2003

Women are definitely as capable as men. I know this from personal experience - I know alot of capable and hard-working women, just as I know alot of capable and hard-working men. I've never seen anything done by a man that couldn't be done just as well by a woman. There are areas where men are more suited than women, just because men have more musculature in general. On the other hand, men definitely can't have children, for example =) Each gender is equal and should be treated as such.

Keerathana

Mar 30, 2003

wow
Luke and Cheets, u sure do support women. Too bad there aren't alot of u guys out there in the world!!!

Member Profile Keerathana PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mikael

Mar 30, 2003

There are more than just a few people, at least in North America, who are pro-women's rights smile

Fiona

Mar 30, 2003

in the 21st century, women and men both have the same equal rights. Women are as capable as men. There are many things in the society that women can handle, and the same as men. In the present day, whatever job men are capable of doing, women are as well. Women can handle just the same amount of pressure or work men can handle.

Men use to rule most of the centuries. But now in the present moment, women have proven that they can withstand the same ability as men. So therefore, my statement is that women are as capable as men.

Member Profile Fionalau PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
yoni

Mar 30, 2003

wow!! luke! daaaasss sweet!
and roshan! sereously, i relly think dat women are as capable as men are! jeez so sexist! and think about wha u said again nd get some real tru facts.

Member Profile yoni PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sukhpreet

City: Scarborough
Mar 30, 2003

Really cheets, she quit politics??

Thats whats wrong with some women they don't stand up for their rights, if this did happen their would be less of this.( Of corse their are some females who stand up for their rights.)

Well all I hope is that there all more people like yoni, fiona, micheal, keerathana, cheets, and luke, and less of people like roshan.

Member Profile sukhpreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Roshan Jeyakumar

City: Markham
Mar 30, 2003

OMG! HAHAHA! you people are weird. u guys are acting like i was saying that girls can't do nutin in this world or sumtin! wow! All i sed that they don't stand up for them selves! That is their greatest weekness! Personally i think that girls can compete with boys in lots of things and boys can compete with girls in lots of things. We each have our disabilities and our advantages. But the female group just have one very very huge weakness it is their lack in mental strength. Be mental strength i mean something like self esteem! Keerathana, i understand that u girls like to think over ur ansers. This is an excellent example. U people are too scared that ur anser is wrong so u check, double check and triple check and so on, meanwhile the boys take a chance at an anser and they trun out to be right. Boys usually have more self esteem! But Why! This is because of what happens in the olden days. They used to keep women under control and never let them get to much self-esteem! Even now some women think that they are not capable of some things but they are! Thier selfesteem has been wiped out! The fact that the women PM quit is also a good example! She GAVE UP! I mean she didn't even try! She lost all her self-esteem! So u see i am not saying that boys are smarter, i am saying that we tend to have more selfesteem! We are not as shy as most girls are! What i think is that if girls had more self esteem then they could be better!

Member Profile Roshan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Gerald Derome

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 61
YES
Mar 30, 2003

If we look at other mammals we see that most of the males are bigger then the females.
The same holds true for our species. The average dimension of the male is greater then that of the female. That is only our bodies.
Throughout our whole evolution men and women have always fought and/or defended for different things or reasons, therefore each have had the opportunity to develop in one way more then the other certain areas or functions of their peanut brain or their ear to ear mush.
As the men kind still have an enlarged caveman mentality when it comes to solving certain problems, their "smarts" do not always seem to be there.
As for women, if they had any smarts, they would have put their foot down a long time ago.
Yes, men are just as capable as women to; let us destroy ourselves or fix things.

i/not_neo

Member Profile not_neo PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mikael

Mar 30, 2003

Kim Campbell quit because her party's popularity took a hit after they aired commercials emphasizing Jean Chretien's facial condition, to try to make him look stupid. She actually ended up being an ambassador or consular official of some sort and working in LA, with the nice house, staff etc... but I'm not sure what she's up to now.

I still think that there needs to be more equality in politics. I can't wait until the first woman becomes president of the US!

« BACK TO FORUM