TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentTheres too much pollution!

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »
Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Sumatera Barat
City: Padang
Re: Theres too much pollution!
Jun 30, 2012

yes, i agree about theres too much pollution. its because of many reason. in my opinion, we don't need to have many comment about that. we just need to do something to decrease the pollution, like program in my school "one man, one tree". there is so many tree in around my school, the student plant that tree. the tree are trembesi, trembesi can change CO2 to O2 more andfaster than other plant. so that programm can decrease pollution. smile

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile khairunnisa PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jane Pervoi

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken
Virtual Volunteer

Province/State: Ontario
City: Ottawa
Jul 11, 2012

I think the best way to eliminate further pollution is to create more programs that are very accessible to further increase awareness. It would be nice to have a global message put out featuring images or video clips showing different geographic locations that are being impacted. If the message is repeatedly put out there the people that don't take it seriously could start supporting green initiatives. From what I understand, there are already ways to receive monetary compensation for being green, perhaps these need to be increased to be more attractive to people to encourage more effort.

Member Profile janepe PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Rade Glomazic

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male, 43
Aug 8, 2012

Also industrial farms produce massive amounts of animal waste that is known to release greenhouse gasses into the air. Aside from the air pollution that comes from farm waste, the industrialized food system also burns significant amounts of fossil fuels to power the trucks that distribute products.

http://www.sustainabletable.org

Member Profile radeglom PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ella M.

Province/State: New York
City: New York
Sep 8, 2012

I agree that there are many little things we can do collectively to make a difference, and these things are imperative to sustainability. But for me, it isn't enough. Someday, we WILL run out of our nonrenewable resources. We need to spread interest in careers like environmentalism and scientists who discover types of alternative energy. This is the only way to get on the track to permanently reversing the damage we have done.

Member Profile EllaMerrill PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Gary Richardson

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Western Australia
City: Perth
Sep 21, 2012

Some are calling CO2 a pollutant. This is wrong. It is naturally occurring and is necessary for life

We produce 3% of all the naturally produced CO2. We have had higher concentrations of CO2 in the past and we are still here and polar bears and coral reefs are still here.

The average world temperature rose 1 Deg C between 1950 and 1997 and has since stopped rising. Some Global Warming.

The scientists ringing the alarm bells about man made global warming have not even looked for a natural cause of this warming they just assumed that human activity caused it. That is poor science!(basing a theory on a co-incidence). They have even stated that the 'Medieval Warming Period had to be ignored for Al Gores 'Hockeystick"curve to be created.

Australia has just shot itself in the financial foot by introducing a Carbon Tax.

We still should get away from fossil fuels because they:

1) Are limited in supply.
2) Are very polluting.(especially with oil spills)
3) Are inefficient and keep us on the treadmill.

There are better alternatives out there but we won't see them until the last drop of carbon based fuel is sold.

Member Profile FriendofOrion PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tui Allen

Gender & Age: Female, 65
Oct 20, 2012

I am new to this discussion so can anyone tell me if anyone on this thread has been talking about marine pollution? This is the kind that bothers me more than any other because I heard there are floating islands of plastic rubbish in the sea and those islands are the size of countries and getting thicker and wider every day. The floating rubbish is what is being found in the stomachs of dead whales and dolphins. It is killing them. crying

Member Profile TuiAllen PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Shivani Gore

City: Brampton
Nov 20, 2012

There are various types of pollution that contribute to global warming . One of the leading is air pollution - the major pollutant heavily responsible for warming up the Earth is carbon dioxide & the runner - up being methane (greenhouse gases).

Although we 1st countries compared to the 3rd world countries are the ones accountable for the atmosphere's fragile condition over 90 % , there's always room to impove and never too late to take action ! .

Everyone's "carbon footprint" (the amount of carbon dioxide a person is responsible for putting into the atmosphere) counts! On a personal level, try : Walking to nearby places
Three R's REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE !
Buy energy efficient products ex. light bulbs
Save electricity & a blow to your pocket by turning OFF the lights when you walk out of the room

On a much larger scale , governments in several countries are dong there duty to help out as well smile

Member Profile ShivaniGore PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tyler Storm

Province/State: Georgia
City: Kennesaw
Dec 3, 2012

There is an insane problem with solution. the environment is rapidly deteriorating. I cant really see any solution to this problem without a clear new energy source. Most energy sources are either to expensive or potentially dangerous. if we decide to rely on one it might result in a financial meltdown or a world catastrophe.

Member Profile tylerstorm PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Christina Atkinson

Dec 5, 2012

There might be too much pollution, but if the world does not conserve the resources we have then there will be no more pollution. I think the bigger problem is worrying about conserving resources not pollution. Pollution is still important, but if people conserved resources then there wouldnt be as much pollution. If we do not start conserving now, then the world will not be able to sustain the population in 2050.

Member Profile catkin21 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
darhcik

City: Ottawa
Dec 7, 2012

Every single car that I watched (except for one) had one person inside (the driver).

That is extremely sad and disgusting. Also, isolation is horrible, we all know that.

Personally, I walk and take public transportation almost everywhere.

Is anyone working on this problem?

Member Profile darhcik PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Dakira

Province/State: Michigan
City: Detroit
Dec 18, 2012

I agree that there is too much pollution but most children doesot live cklose to their schools. Car pooling is necessary because either way is go the child still will end up catching the bus from and to home. I believe pollution is caused by more than cars and that is where the too much phrase come into play when there is unnecessary pollution being done.

Member Profile Siimplykiira PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Phillip Young

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Michigan
City: Detroit
Dec 18, 2012

I agreee that their is tooo much pollution. pollution has caused alot of different changes in the climate and also melting the ice caps in the north pole.

Member Profile Phill1228 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Vishal

Province/State: Karnataka
City: Belgaum
Mar 8, 2013

Well, we can reduce it. I at least follow the the things and then asks other to follow it. I travel everyday about 60km, to my college and back to home. In the way there are small ponds which are dug to make rain water get collected, but on market days all the vegetable waste, plastic and lots of things are dumped which cause the pond water polluted and the smell is just yukkk....
Also I stay in such a place that is completely forest area. Well, there is one project of river diverging or You may take it as canal construction is going on at my side. But thing is that Supreme court has Declared that forest as national park as forest has large varieties of flora and fauna which are on the verge of extinction. but the state government did not any heed to the order. such there are many cases which are on high level which could not be stopped by us....

This post was edited on: 2013-03-08 at 05:02 AM by: Vishal

Member Profile VishalDalvi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jonmax

Poster Rank:

Mar 20, 2013

hello,
Hope you fine. yes i am agree with you today our world facing so many problem one of them is pollution. it is our duties to clean our environment and care it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
TalenTailor best recruitment agencies in Dubai that provides job vacancies in uae.

Member Profile jonmax PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
kemked

Gender & Age: Male, 27
Province/State: Imo
City: Owerri
Jun 4, 2013

The problem is that a lot of us don't want to make sacrifices to protect our environment.We prefer our own convenience to the safety and sustenance of our environment.Its high time we made people understand the impact our lifestyle has on our environment.

Member Profile kemked PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM