TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentTheres too much pollution!

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 22
Re: Theres too much pollution!
Nov 16, 2011

In society today i believe that there is way to much pollution in the air we breath. In the city that i live in constantly no matter where u are there is tons of cars which shouldn't be needed. most Households now a days have 2 or more cars which is defiantly not needed and is obviously not benefiting others health. I think when this generation of youth become the adults and the decision makers of t6he world they will look towards a greener environment for everyone to live in.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile bjhughes3 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kristin S. Street

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Rhode Island
City: Foster
Nov 16, 2011

I agree with you but the need for a reasonable alternative...walking, bikes,(with safe, convenient paths) efficient public transit, even car pool alternatives using environmentally friendly vehicles are all things that could be worked on now. You're absolutely right about the future generation being in a position to implement change, though that shouldn't let current population from getting on board with the changes needed to ensure a cleaner environment.

Member Profile Kristinsstreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Atta Kofi Solomon

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Ashanti
City: Kumasi
Nov 24, 2011

transportations and factories can not be abolish. its about time scientists have to come out with a better ways of transporation which does not affect the environment and also factories are to have a better way of restricting pollutions in the air.

Member Profile attakofisolomon PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Cat

Province/State: Ontario
City: Ottawa
Nov 27, 2011

I agree with you entirely. Every movement starts with us.

Member Profile PrincessCat PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Neysa Bonillas

Province/State: Arizona
City: Tucson
Dec 1, 2011

I completely agree with everyone who has posted a reply to this argument. Here in Tucson, Arizona we have Sun Tran buses that help protect the environment from being polluted. Not only do they use fuels that are healthier for the environment, but some buses are even hybrid. If more people were to ride buses instead of using their cars the environment could change drastically. In a good way. Everyone should take this in mind.
Thank you

Member Profile neysabonillas PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Neysa Bonillas

Dec 1, 2011

I completely agree with everyone who has posted a reply to this argument. Here in Tucson, Arizona we have Sun Tran buses that help protect the environment from being polluted. Not only do they use fuels that are healthier for the environment, but some buses are even hybrid. If more people were to ride buses instead of using their cars the environment could change drastically. In a good way. Everyone should take this in mind.
Thank you

Member Profile neysabonillas PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Juan

Dec 3, 2011

I agree, today there is too much pollution. And we have to act now.the key to solving the pollution problem is prevention, and it starts now. we have to focus on the little things we can do which will end up making a big difference. such as recycling,using more eco-friendly house household products.Then focusing on the bigger things we can to to make a bigger difference such as hybrid cars, solar power and other new eco-friendly technology.

Member Profile jfherrera2 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Juan

Dec 3, 2011

I feel that in todays society a huge problem we face today is POLLUTION.It's everywhere but most of us are to blined by society to see it. Everywhere we go now, we see trash and smog.
Pollution is starting to become a huge problem. waste and pollution will keep adding up every year which will make it more expensivve for us to overcome each day we wait.The problems from pollution will end up destroying our environment, damagig ourseles and all the wildlife,while increasing health costs, tax dollars,death tolls and illness, we have to act now because its going toa big problem and its starting to destroy the enivorment pile up to the point of no return.

Member Profile jfherrera2 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Jake Green

Dec 4, 2011

Its true there is too much pollution, in fact the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii measured the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere and they found that those levels were the highest in the entire history of the earth. But there is good news because car manufacturers today have made some great feats in the area of the electric car. With cars like the, Nissan Leaf, the Chevrolet Volt, etc. With these cars and people doing some little things like riding their bikes small distances and carpooling, i believe we can help turn the tide of pollution before its too late.

Member Profile jgreen18 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kristin S. Street

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Rhode Island
City: Foster
Dec 7, 2011

There has to be more than just dismay and hand wringing about the mess we've gotten ourselves into. More tangible action on a local and personal level goes a long way toward making a noticeable impact on any given problem. I was always one of those people who thought that I couldn't make a difference...that the problems faced by all of us on the global level were just too large. I've since changed my tune. I am not one to join a mass protest, to strike in the streets or to start petitions but I can make a difference in my day to day actions. I can influence those around me and encourage each of them to make even one small change and I can work toward educating those I come into contact on a daily basis. Helping others to recognize that even a tiny change, if taken by lots of people, can amount to a huge shift and really have a strong impact on any given issue. So that's where I make my stand...one tiny step at a time. How about you? Where are you going to make a stand?

Member Profile Kristinsstreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Charles BO

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Kaduna
City: Kaduna
Dec 9, 2011

The government of every country should comes together and discuss the future of the earth atmosphere. The ozone layer is just one of the problems caused by pollutions. And also finding the means to reduce the emission level of CO2 into the atmosphere. The electric cars, solar panels are few ways the scientist have introduce to help reduce emission but still yet some country emission level has remained the same.

Member Profile Charl3s PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
shanthi

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Karnataka
City: Mysore
Dec 14, 2011

i agree...every minute there are new ways to pollute rather than the other way!!

Member Profile shanthi21 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
maria cruz

Province/State: Lipa
City: Rizal
Feb 18, 2012

All over the world, pollutions seems to be one of the major problems. There are few clean rivers and lakes especially in urban areas. Air pollutions are everywhere. To have clean air, you need to go out of town or in provinces.

Member Profile REDBUTTERFLY PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Ambdded Agarwal

Mar 18, 2012

This is a biggest prevailing problem on the global society. And responsible for biggest problem of Global Warming.

There was a conference on Global Warming at Vigyan Bhawan Delhi and interim report given by Mr. Sarkar clearly mentions that if 30% population is able to maintain a Shunkh maap of 400 shunkh and Globe can get rid off Global warming problem.

Achieveing a value of 400 shunkh maap is about 6 months or so.

One can visit shwaaspathy@youtube.com to understand the concept.

Member Profile AmbddedAgarwal PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Evan

Province/State: São Paulo
City: Fartura
May 21, 2012

Well, we watched a movie in science class about Global Dimming. Global Dimming is when the pollution is keeping the sun from even getting into our atmosphere. Although, at the same time, that same pollution is keeping the heat in our atmosphere making Global Warming. So in a way, there is no solution as far as i'm concerned. stunned

Member Profile edg1 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM