TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentTheres too much pollution!

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »
Author

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Re: Theres too much pollution!
Mar 29, 2011

I agree pollution is something that we have to deal with each day of our lives but definitely, if we will start the changes in ourselves, we can make a difference by starting to create a whole new and better world. wink

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Lexmark37 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Tara Beardmore

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female, 29
City: Singapore
Apr 7, 2011

The pollution that probably annoys me the most is litter, and in particular, plastic. Why are we allowing plastic - something that never truly degrades and is toxic to the environment - to be produced at an epidemic rate. Plastic bottles and plastic bags. These things are NOT necessary.

People should bring their OWN bags from home.

Companies should produce glass bottles NOT plastic bottles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Inspire, Educate and Act. This is how I take on conservation and how I encourage it in the people I meet. By watching this short video at http://gg.tigweb.org/tig/deforestaction/52557/ and voting for me - you will be helping me make a bigger difference on a larger scale.

Member Profile tara88 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Vella Kwamboka

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Apr 21, 2011

I totally agree....the continued increase in consumption of goods worldwide is resulting to too much pollution on land and in water bodies.

The situation is worse in developing countries like Here in Kenya where there is increased demand and importation of second hand cars, increased traffic jams...the result being increased atmospheric pollution through exhaust fumes.....poor waste management strategies and thus both solid and liquid waste is seen on waste land, next to roads and in rivers, especially Nairobi River which passes through several slums. It is so sad that all this is happening when there is so much opportunities that lie in all that waste.

Member Profile vellakwamboka PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saladin Abuhamdieh

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Apr 23, 2011

let's uses buses more than cars
trains more than buses between cities for example
there are many ways to do that
it's the process of changing... ain't gonna be by words... but by actions,
a word won't change as the action...
set more rules and laws for people and companies ...

we don't want to cry when things go worst... when we can keep it good...

Member Profile abuhamdieh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Lexmark

May 10, 2011

There is indeed too much pollution and if we will pay less in protecting our environment, there will be greater problems that will surface. Start with the simple things like choosing eco-friendly materials, the site that I found offers Lexmark 2 and many other remanufactured ink and toners and this is definitely one of the best ways to minimize the environmental wastes.

Member Profile Lexmark37 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Miora Raf

Virtual Volunteer

May 16, 2011

I totally agree with you guys... Here in Indonesia, especially in Jakarta, the pollution is too much: lots of traffic, garbages, and people do not care about the environment. There are many cars and motorbikes. Moreover, it is very hot every day so people do not want to walk to go to their offices or schools...

Member Profile miorarr PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
msuzuki

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
May 19, 2011

Yes, I think that is one of the biggest problems in the world, but especially relevant to the United States and Canada. We are two dominating countries economically, politically, and socioeconomically, and yet we do not attribute our money in the correct ways. In Europe and Asia, people rarely use their cars, but walk to their destinations. Not only is that more effective, but less harmful to the environment. I think we need to take similar measures...we have to stop depending on our cars so much and switch to public transportation.

Member Profile mayumisato PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Keshav Saini

Gender & Age: Male, 31
May 23, 2011

It was only after the enforcement of Montreal Protocol that the ozone hole over Antarctica is recovering after 22 years when it was detected. The treaty was signed in 1987 and banned chlorofluorocarbons products that were destroying ozone layer.

If you are interested you can read the story of ozone hole depletion in Antarctica and Arctic polar regions here

The Ozone Hole Story – Antarctica and Arctic polar regions
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Environment About::The Encyclopedia of Environment

Member Profile eabout PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
biplav shrestha

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Bagmati
City: Kathmandu
Theres too much pollution! and it's affeecting small countries like ours'
May 29, 2011

I believe that the pollution level is increasing day by day in our planet; be it air, water, land and all our natural resources, we are so used to our materialist luxury that we are polluting our environment and making it harsh for the generations to come....everone should rememeber that we have Only ONE EARTH and it belongs to the future generation as well...Frankly speaking i blame the so called developed countries like USA,European countries and few asian countries playing a major role in polluting the environment and guess what the victims are the people of small countries who doesn't have almost no role in pollution...so it's high time for everone to react and be reasonable and economical in terms of environment in which we live!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Profile biplav PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
saba ahmed

Province/State: West Bengal
City: Kolkata
Jun 2, 2011

In this modern world as the scientists are producing new technology for the welfare of the mankind but as the new luxuries are produced the attitude of people towards the environment is changing because they want more and more luxuries and they are destroying the environment for this reason.
They use instruments like fridges, air conditioners etc that release C.F.C's in the environment which in turn deplete the Ozone layer but these gadgets not used before the 19th century, according to recent researches the depletion of ozone has increased by about 50% in the 20th century. The uncontrolled deforestation to built buildings for their own accommodation is increasing the oxygen content in the atmosphere, which is leading to global warming. The increasing riots also increase pollution as many cars are set on fire during the riots. This increases the temperature of that place as well as the global temperature; wars are also producing much type of pollutions

Member Profile fiza07 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Piya

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Masqat
City: Muscat
I hear you.
Jun 15, 2011

There is a lot of pollution and the worst part is that hardly anyone ever pays attention to it.I try and do my bit to save the environment in every way possible by picking up plastic and other rubbish i see on the ground or grass and we do regular shopping with jute bags to reduce consumption of plastic bags.But of course, what i do is not enough and everyone needs to act on it.Do your bit to save the world everyday.Maybe passer-by's will learn from you and do the same.
big
grin

Member Profile Blipper PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mike Yarden

Jul 13, 2011

rachel25 wrote:

There is too much pollution in the world. The pollution is causing our Ozone layer to start having holes in them. The pollution is letting ultraviolet rays to come through and that isn't good. Parents should stop driving their kids to school because that is adding to the pollution. The kids live near the school, the school is at walking distance.

Plus if adults carpool with other coworkers that could also reduce pollution in the city.

Pollution is something the world can actually make less.

I sure agree to this post. Great ideas and all are true. Keep it up.

Minnesota Bed and Breakfast

This post was edited on: 2011-07-13 at 12:03 PM by: Mike Yarden

Member Profile mikeyarden17 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Connor Maultsaid-Blair

Gender & Age: Male, 26
Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Oct 14, 2011

One of the biggest contributors to greenhouse gases is agriculture.

Pay attention to what you eat, and always check to see where it came from and how it was farmed so you can reduce your personal toll on the environment with the food you eat.

Member Profile connorMB PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
gphochiminh-sam

Gender & Age: Male, 16
City: Ho Chi Minh City
Nov 1, 2011

I agree with you too.There's too much pollutions like trash and smoke.We should do something to these things and make the world greener everytime.

Member Profile gphochiminh-sam PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kristin S. Street

Province/State: Rhode Island
City: Foster
Nov 8, 2011

I agree with much of what has been said here. There is way too much pollution! The person who asked if the writer walked was also right on target. While walking may not be an option for everyone...to distant from school, transporting heavy loads... we can each make at least one small gesture toward reducing our own carbon footprint. Walk when and where possible, bike, carpool, every step makes a difference.
The person who noted Norway's paying their citizens for walking sounds like a great idea. Figuring out ways to get our governments more supportive of curbing pollution would be great. That, and figuring out a way for prestige to be associated with acts that lessen pollution would also be helpful. Any brilliant ideas out there?

Member Profile Kristinsstreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM