TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentTheres too much pollution!

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »
Author

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Re: Theres too much pollution!
Nov 24, 2014

SoFire wrote:

The issue of car pollution should not be minimized. I live close to the school and I often walk to school. I also walk to the grocery store and take my car only if/when I have to buy lots of groceries. I was thinking if making rules to decrease the amount of cars per house-hold may be helpful to decreasing pollution. Having a car is not bad, but I would recommend taking the bus to places that are accessible by public transits. Walking which is a form of exercise is another alternative for places that are near.

SOPHIA,
Bicycle is used well in some countries like Germany and Netherland. Of course safety and security of bicycle run is vital and as I have understood it is carried out in theses mentioned countries.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Nov 24, 2014

farhadmiriany wrote:

SoFire wrote:

The issue of car pollution should not be minimized. I live close to the school and I often walk to school. I also walk to the grocery store and take my car only if/when I have to buy lots of groceries. I was thinking if making rules to decrease the amount of cars per house-hold may be helpful to decreasing pollution. Having a car is not bad, but I would recommend taking the bus to places that are accessible by public transits. Walking which is a form of exercise is another alternative for places that are near.

SOPHIA,
Bicycle is used well in some countries like Germany and Netherland. Of course safety and security of bicycle run is vital and as I have understood it is carried out in theses mentioned countries.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad
The system we live in is a production for profit system we have alternative technologies but until they become cost effective the cheap fossil fuel energy supply will prevail.

Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Nov 29, 2014

mullrae wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

SoFire wrote:

SOPHIA,
Farhad
The system we live in is a production for profit system we have alternative technologies but until they become cost effective the cheap fossil fuel energy supply will prevail.

Ian,
As I have mentioned in another post, it will be interesting to see the conceptual model of a society that is not based on production for profit.
Farhad

akg

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Ontario
City: Brampton
Dec 1, 2014

The recent UN meeting discussed sustainable transport solutions as part of Millennium Development Goals 2015 to promote public health and safety. The UN secretary general said that there are many “profound opportunities” for sustainable transport. I feel that this is a real concern globally especially in developing countries where the number of vehicles on the roads are increasing with the increase in urbanization. The increase in vehicle fuel consumption contributes to the “greenhouse gas effect” and ultimately increases air pollution. As global citizens, all of us need to do our part in reducing emissions by using alternative means of transportation or by reducing the number of vehicles on the road by carpooling, using public transport and bicycles where possible. We must support the education of individuals so they can also contribute to safe and efficient transport solutions.

Member Profile akgill PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
akg

Dec 1, 2014

The recent UN meeting discussed sustainable transport solutions as part of Millennium Development Goals 2015 to promote public health and safety. The UN secretary general said that there are many “profound opportunities” for sustainable transport. I feel that this is a real concern globally especially in developing countries where the number of vehicles on the roads are increasing with the increase in urbanization. The increase in vehicle fuel consumption contributes to the “greenhouse gas effect” and ultimately increases air pollution. As global citizens, all of us need to do our part in reducing emissions by using alternative means of transportation or by reducing the number of vehicles on the road by carpooling, using public transport and bicycles where possible. We must support the education of individuals so they can also contribute to safe and efficient transport solutions.

akg

Dec 1, 2014

ian rae

Dec 2, 2014

akgill wrote:

The idea that car pollution is a major problem is missing the point overall car emissions are a tiny percentage of pollution and developing nations suffer at the hands of western capitalism while polluting waterways and large tracts of land all in pursuit of profit wake up and smell the coffee.

akg

Dec 3, 2014

Farhad

Dec 4, 2014

akgill wrote:

All of us shall take the environmental foot print test and do our best to reduce our foot prints.
Farhad

ian rae

Dec 4, 2014

farhadmiriany wrote:

akgill wrote:

All of us shall take the environmental foot print test and do our best to reduce our foot prints.
Farhad
iran and the west are now bombing northern iraq and we talk about car pollution farcical you must all live comfortably .

Farhad

Dec 5, 2014

mullrae wrote:

farhadmiriany wrote:

akgill wrote:

Farhad
iran and the west are now bombing northern iraq and we talk about car pollution farcical you must all live comfortably .

Ian,
Contemporary human is facing many problems. I agree with you that capitalism is the cause to most problems. This discussion is on the principles and not on what happened in the last twenty four hours. The conflicts in Iraq are completely a different issue and if you want to discuss that a separate discussion is needed. I also agree with you that wars cause large pollution and destruction but the comfortable, safe, secure and luxury human being is producing waste and causing pollution everywhere in the planet.
Farhad

gpjmumbai-hilonees

Gender & Age: Female, 12
Province/State: Maharashtra
City: Mumbai
Jan 7, 2015

yes..i agree with you..sad

Member Profile gpjmumbai-hilonees PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
gpjmumbai-hilonees

Jan 7, 2015

gpjmumbai-hilonees

Jan 7, 2015

rj hilario

Province/State: Cebu City
City: Cebu
Jan 29, 2015

Hey guys, I found out about this new collaborative project which aims to come up with solutions and workarounds to the current problems our world faces nowadays such as global warming, climate change, pollution and the like.

Although the project is still in its infancy, I find it unique because it presents problems on a tree like manner wherein users can ask a main problem question and then that main problem can be broken down into several sub issues and then eventually come up with little solutions that could contribute to the whole thing.

Why not try to check erissolver (dot) com and lets all have a brainstorming with today's pressing issues. No single solution can solve a big problem, but if we try to break it down into smaller pieces then we just might be able to improve and eventually resolve the main issue step by step, little by little by our combined efforts, ideas and suggestions.

Remember, the more minds are better than one.

Member Profile greyviper PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM