TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentTheres too much pollution!

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »
Author

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Province/State: Maryland
City: Sandy Spring
Re: Theres too much pollution!
Nov 7, 2014

I agree, there is too much pollution and finding alternatives for driving would not only solve the air pollution issue but humans could also save gas and waste less fossil fuels. I think public transportation is key to reducing the number of cars driving daily. While I was in London,I noticed most if not everyone took the bus. I think in the United States, the government should work on discouraging individual drivers and encourage use of public transportation. One way they could do that is decrease the price of public transportation, for example six dollars for a one-way metro ticket is somewhat expensive. Something they also do in England to discourage individual drivers is place taxes on certain parts of the country so a car has to pay a fee when entering West London or East London.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile ssfs-naomi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Nov 7, 2014

Nuclear fusion is probably our best bet massive amounts of energy very little waste or pollution as people are calling it.

Member Profile mullrae PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Arushi Gupta

Gender & Age: Female, 12
Province/State: Maharashtra
City: Mumbai
Nov 8, 2014

I agree!!

Member Profile gpjmumbai-arushig PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Nov 8, 2014

gpjmumbai-arushig wrote:

I agree!!
are you agreeing with nuclear fusion or that there's too much pollution regards.

Gary Richardson

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Western Australia
City: Perth
Nov 9, 2014

Nuclear is NOT the way to go! Fukushima is a disaster! It is so bad that the world will only know how bad it is when the total death toll comes in!

The authorities are not telling us the true nature of the accident at Fukushima.

The one power source that has not been mentioned is that of Zero Point Energy. This, if it can be researched & scaled up, could solve all of our power needs.

Member Profile FriendofOrion PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Nov 9, 2014

FriendofOrion wrote:

Nuclear is NOT the way to go! Fukushima is a disaster! It is so bad that the world will only know how bad it is when the total death toll comes in!

The authorities are not telling us the true nature of the accident at Fukushima.

The one power source that has not been mentioned is that of Zero Point Energy. This, if it can be researched & scaled up, could solve all of our power needs.
Nuclear fusion is the way to go at themoment we use fission not the same thing fusion is possibly only a few years from being perfected ragards ian.

Farhad

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth

Gender & Age: Male, 65
Nov 11, 2014

mullrae wrote:

Nuclear fusion is probably our best bet massive amounts of energy very little waste or pollution as people are calling it.

Yes, of course.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Member Profile farhadmiriany PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Megan

Province/State: Ontario
City: Angus
Nov 18, 2014

I agree, there is too much pollution in the world and having students walk to school instead of getting driven by their parents is a good idea to help reduce pollution. I am doing research on Somalia, a country where there is not many people using vehicles as transportation. Since they can’t help the earth by reducing the use of vehicles, they have a program where they turn bare spaces into forests by planting trees. I thought that was a good idea because trees help to improve air quality by filtering out pollution in the air.

Member Profile megand91 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
ian rae

Nov 18, 2014

megand91 wrote:

I agree, there is too much pollution in the world and having students walk to school instead of getting driven by their parents is a good idea to help reduce pollution. I am doing research on Somalia, a country where there is not many people using vehicles as transportation. Since they can’t help the earth by reducing the use of vehicles, they have a program where they turn bare spaces into forests by planting trees. I thought that was a good idea because trees help to improve air quality by filtering out pollution in the air.
just wait till capitalism gets going their pollution levels will rocket just as it does in all modern industrial nations.

Farhad

Nov 20, 2014

megand91 wrote:

Dear Megan,
planting trees and production of artificial forests is indeed a step towards clean air. Besides it helps to reserve the underground water and less consumption and dilution of surface waters. But it does not necessarily reduce the causes of pollution. Pollution is in direct proportions with the modern day activities. For example how we convert the chemical energies to heat and electricity.
Ian is emphasizing on "FUSION". Fusion releases waste amount of energy by combining hydrogen atoms. Hydrogen is presented in the nature in great amounts (the ocean waters). This process does not require oxygen and does not cause pollution if the produced heat is controlled.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Farhad

Komal

City: Toronto
Nov 22, 2014

The environment is big issue in India especially air pollution. The air pollution has become so severe that crops are being cut by almost half (The Guardian, 2014). This is due to two air pollutants, black carbon and ground level ozone. Black carbon is mostly caused by rural cook stoves and ozone forms as a result of motor vehicle exhaust, industrial emissions, and chemical solvents (The Guardian, 2014). Thus, this finding has implications for global food security as India is a major rice exporter (The Guardian, 2014). Therefore, I believe it is important to take significant steps to reduce air pollution and help population in India and around the world.
References
The Guardian. (2014). India air pollution ‘cutting crop yields by almost half’. Retrieved on November 22, 2014 from http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/nov/03/india-air-pollution-cutting-crop-yields-by-almost -half

Member Profile ksoni PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Komal

Nov 22, 2014

The environment is big issue in India especially air pollution. The air pollution has become so severe that crops are being cut by almost half (The Guardian, 2014). This is due to two air pollutants, black carbon and ground level ozone. Black carbon is mostly caused by rural cook stoves and ozone forms as a result of motor vehicle exhaust, industrial emissions, and chemical solvents (The Guardian, 2014). Thus, this finding has implications for global food security as India is a major rice exporter (The Guardian, 2014). Therefore, I believe it is important to take significant steps to reduce air pollution and help population in India and around the world.
References
The Guardian. (2014). India air pollution ‘cutting crop yields by almost half’. Retrieved on November 22, 2014 from http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/nov/03/india-air-pollution-cutting-crop-yields-by-almost -half

Member Profile ksoni PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
SOPHIA

Nov 24, 2014

The issue of car pollution should not be minimized. I live close to the school and I often walk to school. I also walk to the grocery store and take my car only if/when I have to buy lots of groceries. I was thinking if making rules to decrease the amount of cars per house-hold may be helpful to decreasing pollution. Having a car is not bad, but I would recommend taking the bus to places that are accessible by public transits. Walking which is a form of exercise is another alternative for places that are near.

Member Profile SoFire PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
SOPHIA

Nov 24, 2014

The issue of car pollution should not be minimized. I live close to the school and I often walk to school. I also walk to the grocery store and take my car only if/when I have to buy lots of groceries. I was thinking if making rules to decrease the amount of cars per house-hold may be helpful to decreasing pollution. Having a car is not bad, but I would recommend taking the bus to places that are accessible by public transits. Walking which is a form of exercise is another alternative for places that are near.

Member Profile SoFire PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Farhad

Nov 24, 2014

ksoni wrote:

References

Komal,
Ever since people in Iran and India put away bicycles and use cars, pollution in our cities is raised to unacceptable and even dangerous levels.
We are to change our attitudes and day to day lifestyles.
Farhad

« BACK TO FORUM