TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesEnvironmentTheres too much pollution!

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Female & 25
Province/State: Ontario
City: Scarborough
Theres too much pollution!
Mar 26, 2003

There is too much pollution in the world. The pollution is causing our Ozone layer to start having holes in them. The pollution is letting ultraviolet rays to come through and that isn't good. Parents should stop driving their kids to school because that is adding to the pollution. The kids live near the school, the school is at walking distance.

Plus if adults carpool with other coworkers that could also reduce pollution in the city.

Pollution is something the world can actually make less.

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile rachel25 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Fiona

City: Toronto
Re: Theres too much pollution!
Mar 30, 2003

Students who live near the school should walk and prevent from using vechicles for transportation to get to school. Pollution caused by mechanical vehicles could lead us to major atmosphere problems. In the future, our environment would be polluted by cars and factories. To prevent that from happening, the most we could do is to walk to school and walk to work if we are able to.

In addition, people throwing garbage into our fresh water is also damaging our environment. Our water would soon be contminated and therefore, brining us lesser drinking water that is available. We should help the government by reducing our garbage thrown onto the ground or on the floor and also walk to school and work if possible. That way we could help preventing damages to our ozone layer and our environment.

Member Profile Fionalau PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sukhpreet

Gender & Age: Female, 25
Apr 3, 2003

i agree with you guys. students dat live close to the school should walk and so should adults who live close to their work!!! no one is caring or lookin at the pollusion now. when are they gonna realease? when the ozone is completely distroyed or something? then everyone will get sunburn from the sun.

Member Profile sukhpreet PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Roshan Jeyakumar

City: Markham
I AGREE!
Apr 3, 2003

Yes. there is too much polution! Their is already a hole in the ozone layer! If the hole gets any bigger than scientists say that the northern ice caps may melt and that will cause great devistation to all the countries in the world especially canada since they will be the ones most easily flooded seeing how they are so close! I mean, is it gonna hurt people to walk to school? (Unless they fall down while walking, but that is highly unlikely). I think that people drive because their destinations are soo far! Take school for instence. If their were more schools between houses then i think that will drop the number of cars driving to school tremendously! People should take the ttc but for some reason everyone that drives thinks that the TTC is for low class citizens. WHY IS THAT SO! isn't that a bit immature? I think if everyone just got up a bit early and really tried then i think that anyone can use the bus to get where they want! It isn't only the floods that are dangerous but the pollution is causeing deformed babies. On the newspaper it showed a kid that was born with like 7-8 fingers on each hand and 9 toes! Their are kids that are being born that have mental disabilities!This is going to far. One day we will be destroyed because of technology. Maybe they should make transportation with steam engines or sumtin like solar power! AND RELEASE IT TO THE WORLD! (BEFORE IT TO L8)!

Member Profile Roshan PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Niselavan Ramachandran

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 24
Want to die 'cause of water pollution?
Apr 4, 2003

We should waste water? What water ever do to us? Without water we cannot live how we do today. We shold not pollute the air and cause toxic acid rain. The three types of pollution: toxic substances, excess nutrients, and sedimentation are the strongest problems right now. That is what I have to say.

Member Profile lavan16 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Belinda12

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female, 23
Apr 4, 2003

Originally posted by rachel25
There is too much pollution in the world. The pollution is causing our Ozone layer to start having holes in them. The pollution is letting ultraviolet rays to come through and that isn't good. Parents should stop driving their kids to school because that is adding to the pollution. The kids live near the school, the school is at walking distance.

Plus if adults carpool with other coworkers that could also reduce pollution in the city.

Member Profile BelindaM PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Belinda12

Apr 4, 2003

Originally posted by rachel25

Member Profile BelindaM PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Keerthana K

Poster Rank:

Apr 4, 2003

I agree. That is a problem we can take care of. The part of the parents carpooling and walking their children to school isn't bad either. What's wronmg with walking to school? You take care of your body and you help the enviorment by reducing the pollution. If we don't take care of the pollution then who will? Parents shouldn't be driving around their kids. They should be influencing the kids to not pollute the air, but there doing the exact opposite.

Member Profile Keerthana PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Laurie Lau

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Apr 4, 2003

I strongly agree with this topic. We pollute way too much . Yes we do need to drive cars to get places but if you live near the school there is no reason to drive a 2 min drive to school when you are capable to walk. You can also have excercise while you walk. You can have a healthier life by walking and stop polluting th air. All the smoke for cars industries, its way too much pollution.

Member Profile LaurieL PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Sunny Bao

Poster Rank:

Apr 19, 2003

Laurie if u said we could walk instead of driving, why can't the scientist make some other kind of energy instead of gas. So then cars wont become 1 of the pollution factors.

Member Profile sunnybao PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
annie

May 17, 2003

I totally agree with you guys. There is too much pollution in the world. people are polluting a lot these days. One main sources of pollutants in urban areas are transportation. You are right, if people live close to the school why bother driving just walk to school. If not then bike or carpool. People should throw their garbage in the garbage can or trash can and not the ground or in the rivers!
Air pollution is everywhere! You cannot escape air pollution, not even in your own home. With the destruction and burning of the rain forests more and more CO2 is being released into the atmosphere. Trees play an important role in producing oxygen from carbon dioxide. Pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides etc. cause direct damage to leaves of crop plants and trees when they enter leaf pores.
We can reduce air pollution and ozone depletion, by walking, using a bicycle, or use mass transit when possible. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs, make your home energy efficient, and buy only energy efficient appliances. Recycle newspapers, aluminum, and other materials. Together, we can make the earth a cleaner, healthier and more pleasant place to live.

Member Profile anna17 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Eling

May 22, 2003

i agree we are polluting way too much. Walking instead of driving, if the place is quite a distance, then ride a bike or rollerblade, you can help the environment and excercise at the same time.

Member Profile Eling PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Rachel

Jun 4, 2003

yes i agree with you all but do you all actually walk to school? I mean some people might agree with this but may be one of those people that are creating the pollution!

Member Profile rachel25 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Shimaa Shaaban

Gender & Age: Female, 31
Province/State: Al Iskandariyah
City: Alexandria
Jul 13, 2003

The constant use of polluting vehicles is indeed a major problem.
In my country, if u don't drive ur own car or take a cab, i.e. if u decide to take a walk, ride on the bus or the subway you are judged as low class.
Consequently, people,i personally know,when they arrive from some long trip abroad(e.g Europe)can't stand the pooluted air and many of them get diseases and allergies.
Egypt is a developing country so u don't find that large amounts of money spent on the environment. Recycling,protected areas and such stuff are new to my country.
Still i have to admit that some progress has been done in that field and more attention by the governmentis given but it's not enough.
We have more resources we can use.

Member Profile Shimaa83 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
meryana

Gender & Age: Female, 28
Sep 19, 2003

i read somewhere before in the internet that the government of Norway pays its people who walk instead of riding their cars or motorbikes. the money the people get depends on their walking-distance. this kind of new idea has encouraged the Norwegian to walk.
but we must consider as well that people would feel reluctant to walk when they know that their surrounding conditions are polluted. i mean who wants to walk among the dust and gas in streets?
i think planting green plants in big "polluted" cities will work as long as the government and the community are concerned to work together to reduce pollution. isn't the result also for the community's good?
if we want to get people used to walking, i think a good walking area needs to be provided, to keep the walkers in good health. this walking area can be built among plants surround it.

Member Profile meryana PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM