TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsFeedbackComments & SuggestionsNew feature ideas?

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages 1 2 3  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male & 35
Province/State: New South Wales
City: Sydney
New feature ideas?
Apr 21, 2006

Are there small little features or tools that you'd like to see on TakingITGlobal.org? Not necessarily whole new areas of the site, but especially extensions of existing sections?

Recent new features include better tools to manage friends and receive alerts when they post content and wiki pages for projects.

Please post on this thread your ideas!

Nick

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile nick PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Anu maheshwari

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
Virtual Volunteer

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Province/State: Maharashtra
City: Pune
Re: New feature ideas?
Apr 21, 2006

hi Nick!

well TIG is the cooooooooooolest site !
Im lovin it here !
there is nothing more to say!smile

still there are some things i wish for on this site !

One that we get more options on the alignment of the text on the blog and panorama submissions. at the moment there is only right alignment , no centre and left.
if there is, we can put our poems which convey a message through the positioning of the words.

secondly i wish i could upload more than one photo on the same post on the blog. i dont know if TIG already offers this feature. but i am kinda lost as to how to perform the task if they have this particular feature.

thats all for now!
regards
Anu

Member Profile anuriandima84 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Frederick Bernas

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Province/State: Hounslow
Apr 27, 2006

Hey Nick,

One small thing which might be quite cool is, in the new "alerts" section, adding the option to receive emails as well as SMS or TIG messages... what do you reckon?

I'll see if I can think of some more ideas as well, they come to me sometimes but can't remember any right now for some reason...

hope you're doing well man,
fred.

Member Profile Rapscallion PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
oseeresidor

Gender & Age: Male, 35
Province/State: Quebec
City: Montréal
TIG IS WONDERFUL !!!
Apr 30, 2006

According to me, All the features are important and helpfull for youth.

This is very important to bring ideas, skills ect... for getting more and more features in the future.

Thanks to you all !

Regards.

Osée Résidor
MOSCHPA - Haiti.

Member Profile orifique PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Cherrie

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 31
Province/State: Auckland
City: Auckland
May 19, 2006

How about an indicator of local time on each person's profile, so you know whether to expect that person to be awake or not, or to say good morning or to see how to coordinate communication.... stick
out tongue I've always wanted to have this feature on MSN or something, but since I have NO influence whatsoever on that front, I'll try get my way here. stick
out tongue

Thanks!

Member Profile cherrie PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
simon fenton- jones

May 23, 2006

Some stats would be nice

Look down the bottom of this page
http://www.rotaryeclub3310.org/forum/default.asp

Member Profile simonfj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hugh Switzer

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
May 24, 2006

Rapscallion wrote:

Hey Nick,

One small thing which might be quite cool is, in the new "alerts" section, adding the option to receive emails as well as SMS or TIG messages... what do you reckon?

I'll see if I can think of some more ideas as well, they come to me sometimes but can't remember any right now for some reason...

hope you're doing well man,
fred.

We're looking at greatly expanding this section to include a bunch of other sections on the site and different contact ways for current parts of the site that you currently receive emails for. Coming soon smile

Member Profile hugh PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hugh Switzer

May 24, 2006

cherrie wrote:

How about an indicator of local time on each person's profile, so you know whether to expect that person to be awake or not, or to say good morning or to see how to coordinate communication.... stick
out tongue I've always wanted to have this feature on MSN or something, but since I have NO influence whatsoever on that front, I'll try get my way here. stick
out tongue

Thanks!

Hi Cherrie, we're looking right now at adding (at least) a nice little online icon in everyone's profile so you can figure out if they're online much faster. Possibly something we'll add to the discussion boards as well. We can look at adding time zones.

Cherrie

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 31
Province/State: Auckland
City: Auckland
May 25, 2006

hugh wrote:

cherrie wrote:

out tongue

Thanks!

Hi Cherrie, we're looking right now at adding (at least) a nice little online icon in everyone's profile so you can figure out if they're online much faster. Possibly something we'll add to the discussion boards as well. We can look at adding time zones.

SWEET. It'll be cool so you can start saying annoying things like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP SO LATE, WHY AREN'T YOU IN BED?"

But I think it'll also raise awareness as o the 'netting' habits of people in different countries. For example, some people have to get on at insane hours for affordable internet, or power or whatever and that would be cool for people to know more about. wink

Member Profile cherrie PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Frederick Bernas

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Province/State: Hounslow
May 27, 2006

I just had another idea...

How about improving the TIG email system to include being able to see "sent items"? I think that would be a really useful feature - sometimes I forget what I wrote to people!

cheers,
fred.

Member Profile Rapscallion PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hugh Switzer

May 28, 2006

Rapscallion,

Someone else suggested a similar type thing in another forum. We disucssed it last week and we love the idea, but it will take a little bit to implement. We'll look into at least adding a "sent" folder with further abilities to move items into folders etc. in the future. smile

simon fenton- jones

Jun 11, 2006

Along this line, taking a different approach, is the idea of a digest. In Australia, our education network guys are just talking about revamping their moodle, which has this nice report, which aggregates all the replies to a thread, and issues a daily, weekly, or monthly report.

Which is great when working across forums. I don't usually forget what I'm discussing, but finding the threads sometimes, whoa!

This 'reply' form is a bit askew as i fill it in. Emoticons on one side of the page; the form on the other.

One thing I find hard to do without is having the post(s) I'm replying to on the reply page. Most forum tools give yu the last page, so if I wanted to reply to a number of posts on the same thread, you can. I do a work around by always opening another window to reply in., but it is a work around.

Does the 'notify when others reply to this thread' work?

The other suggestions are to do with the use of a page. Stretch the 'Post' box area over to the left, and you should be able increase the no. of entries/page. Making the 'quote' box full screen rather than half should do the same but moreso.

That all said, they're pretty swish. Lastly, if you wanted to be nice to some decrepit eyes, you'd make the default font one size larger.

This post was edited on: 2006-06-11 at 11:17 PM by: simonfj

Member Profile simonfj PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mutebi muhammad

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Eastern
Jul 25, 2006

Hey members.

This is mutebi muhammad from Uganda,but actually nothing I comment about the new features, but I just want to say that the sevices are incredible; the way of alerting when the new message is postated, and like.

best regards;
mutebi muhammad,Uganda.

Member Profile ahmedyakin PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
David Bacon

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: South Australia
City: Adelaide
May 27, 2007

I have been aware of TIG for a few years and love your work but haven't used it a lot.

I work part time for an org that holds a leadership confernece once a year for returned volunteers to developing countries. Each year these volunteers come up with projects (26 this year) for develoment or charity type work and we are looking for somewhere to host the projects.

Is it possible to link all the projects together under one heading (World Youth International is the organisation) in a way that makes it easy for everyone to view each others projects?

Is there some way that the projects and or groups functions could be adapted to allow this?

Thanks

Dave

Founder
Carpets For Communities
www.carpetsforcommunities.org

Member Profile davidnbacon PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hugh Switzer

May 28, 2007

Hi Dave,

This functionality actually exists on the TIG platform, but only for co-branding partners. It's one way TIG is able to make money to support the online community. If this might be something that you're interested in, feel free to email memberservices@takingitglobal.org for more information.

What you can do however is create a number of projects all under the one organization and then add the other projects as "related."

So, basically create a project that details whatever the conference project and then submit all the rest of the projects that were submitted to you.

Once this is done, edit your conference project page and go to the "related" section where you'll be able to add any projects that you have submitted. Once you do that, all the projects will appear on the "related items" page which is the bottom choice on the navigation to the left when viewing a project page.

Hope that helps!

« BACK TO FORUM