Thread Pages 1 2  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Gender & Age: Male & 30
Province/State: Sindh
City: Karachi
Cell Phones
Nov 18, 2005

Cell phones have taken the youth by storm, from sleek and slim model to stylish and fully loaded set, the range is diverse.
THis trend is increasing day by day and also ruining the life of a common man.
A man with nothing to eat is desperate to buy one.
With study and researches revealing the adverse effects of cellphones but still, no one is paying attention to it.

In the future, do we expect our generations to be paralized or disabled by our using of cells..... What r we doing to prevent that?????

NOTHING!!!!!

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile saadiqbal PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Adedeji Ajayi

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 37
Province/State: Lagos
City: Maryland
jUST iMAGINE!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 19, 2005

Perhaps when some terrible things begin to happen to us we may then come to realise the adverse effects of commonising the dangers of cell phones. The case is even worse in the part of the World where a hungry man gets a finacial breakthrough possibly through a loan and the next best thing which comes to his minds is Cell phone acquisition!
Ours is to affect our generation and that means not just posting comments but acting out the scripts. Can you imagine a student carrying about six celphones around like a street hawkers, or worsestill a lunatic?

Who then should do the magic? ALL of us.

Member Profile shamass77 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saad Iqbal

Gender & Age: Male, 30
Re: Cell Phones
Nov 20, 2005

Ya u r right teine-samoa, cell phones r now a passion and simply, we cannot resist it!!!

But also v should keep in mind that majority of the traffic accidents are caused due to the use of cells during driving. Cells are useful but they are not a necessity, life is possible without them.!!!!

They r also disturbing during class, prayers, in gatherings and other places.

In short they have more disadvantages than their advantages!!!

Cheer Up!
Saad

Saad Iqbal

Nov 21, 2005

Cells dangerously effects human reproductive organs.
Leaving them? Impossible!

But what canbe done?
Think....

crazydiamond

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 30
Province/State: Ljubljana
Nov 21, 2005

i don't know how that is settled in other countries, but most of the ppl who use cell phones here use it because they really need it, and don't use it everywhere they go. ppl here can live without them, are not so addicted to them.
ok, i agree cell phones r really doing more bad things than good to us, but they can be really usefull sometimes. it's stupid that 8 year old kid has it and plays with it and everything, but when he really needs it it won't work, because the battery of his cell is gone, because he played so much or texted others. i noticed there are so many youngs that have a mobile, but don't need it. that's really a waste of money and time, when they could play with other kids and have some good time. and there r ppl who have it just that they look modern or whatever they might think, but generally, they don't need it or even can't aford it.
but there are also ppl who really need it, or there r times when a mobile is really useful. i need my mobile only for important calls and no other things. with so much work and everything it is the simplest solution to get your friend or sb u need to speak to in a short notice. or when u need to inform sb about sth, or when u get lost somewhere, and lots of other situations. there r lots of kids my age who use it, but only to have fun with it etc.
to sum up, mobiles, like everything else, have bad and a good side, it only depends how do u look at it. and if ppl who don't need it use it, it's all their problem, they are on the loss, it's only matter of the time when they will realise that they don't need it. but i think we should do sth about those kids who r using a cell phone, and actually don't need it. if ppl could live without phones before, they could live without them now ... but this cell-phone mania has grown so wide that there almost seem no solution to prevent it. i think the best would be if we restricted who can use them and who not ... it's quite a hard problem ... what do u think?

Member Profile urssulasss PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saad Iqbal

Nov 26, 2005

Cellphones R really unresistible!
Whatever their effects, they r really useful. But nowadays they r becoming a trend, 1 who do not need it is using it of no use. with new and modern gadgets everynow, they r also becoming trendy and stylish.
I recently bought an old model of ERICSSON T28, with its small screen and an odd antenna over it. I bought it for urgent need of little amount. That cell became a joke where ever i went, evry1 made fun of having such an old cell.

What i learnt is that, v r not keeping cells for our use or ease, v r just keeping it to compete with others.

Rebecca

Gender & Age: Female, 26
Nov 26, 2005

Did you know that now they are making cell phones that can be attatched around a young child's neck? I read an article about that in my French class. It's absolutely ridiculous!! (!!!)
My mum recently got a cell, but that was around the time that my grandfather was dangerously close to dying, and we recieved "emergency calls" from our family in a city halfway across the province every few hours. And so, the phone proved useful.
I suppose it is a good idea to have one in case of emergencies, or, for instance, I use my mother's to call home for a ride when I go out with friends. But, believe it or not, my spoiled 7 year old cousin has her own mobile. This is going just a bit too far.

Member Profile rebecca458 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Alexander Tothill-Brown

Poster Rank:

Gender & Age: Male, 27
Province/State: Ontario
City: Kanata
Dec 5, 2005

I did not realize just how incidious the use of cell phones has become until I asked my 4 year old neighbour what the little pocket was for in his overalls. He looked at me as if I'd just come from another planet and replied that it was for his cell phone of course. Even Osh Kosh has bought into the notion that everyone of all ages is completely devoted to their cell phone. This concerns me because manufacturers like Osh Kosh are doing an end run around parents who do not want their youngsters to have a phone at such a young age.

Member Profile AlexT-B PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Suresh C Kainthola

Gender & Age: Male, 43
Province/State: Delhi
City: New Delhi
Dec 6, 2005

Its really nice to see such a concern for the cell phone menace which has been around for some time now amongst the youth, but its the gen next that has to understand the ill-affects of cell misuses.
As a responsible brother, son, daughter, mother or whoevr one may be, one has to take a call of the old theory of "each one teach one", atleast we can start the change for the coming generation. here is an old saying in India, which says "take the best & leave the rest". This is the kind of application usage one must have for cell phones!

Hope the best!

Cheers!

Member Profile sureshkainthola PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kristy Toy

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Bay of Plenty
City: Tauranga
Feb 16, 2010

no-one usually takes notice of the horrible effects of anything until those effects hit close to home.
so many teenagers are addicted to texting these days, im sure many will pay from it later, including arthiritis.

Member Profile Kristy-23 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Kate23

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 43
Province/State: North Carolina
City: Hickory
Mar 9, 2010

Cellphones are great but as with anything, addiction and improper use make the cellphone a menace.

--------
Kate
Medifast Coupons
Nutrisystem Coupons

Member Profile Kate23 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Letitia

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Mar 18, 2010

Cell phones are only bad when you aloud them to effect you.

Member Profile BeautifullTia PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Franklin Wright

Apr 19, 2010

cell phones are a convience and think of how many people they could have saved by quick 911 acess or even someone needing medicine. it is an individuals job to have enough self controll to do things like not text and drive. that is almost like saying guns kil people. a gun is not an intelligent being and cannot fire itself people kill people guns are tools

Member Profile raiderelite PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
sam

Poster Rank:

Province/State: Karnataka
City: Bangalore
May 14, 2010

Get Tips on your Cell Phone..

Member Profile sam1412 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Niall Buryk

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: Cells
Sep 2, 2010

Cell phones are both a blessing and a curse. Here in the developed world, I have seen countless young people so distracted by and dependent on their cellphones. I have even heard of kids with sleeping disorders: they text all night long, falling in and out of the sleep they need...
Yet, these devices become cheaper and more reliable, even those that are resource poor can have access to a high resolution screen and internet connection through their cell, effectively enabling them to access mentors and education tools they would have otherwise never been exposed to.
Ultimately, the difference between a positive change and a negative one lies with the individual. How do you use your cell phone?

Member Profile nmburyk PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM