TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesPeace & ConflictMuslims are Terrorists??????

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »
Author

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Ontario
City: Toronto
Re: Muslims are Terrorists??????
Dec 2, 2005

Sorry, this discussion is being closed as there were 3 threads on this same topic.

(To both sides) Be advised that the forums are here for members to discuss issues, not argue about that your culture is better than others.

If you have questions about our Discussion Board Guidelines please refer to:
http://www.takingitglobal.org/connections/discuss/guidelines.html

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile jsato PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hina

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Mar 9, 2010

Its important to separate the faith Islam from those to claim to be Muslims. Islam is in fact a religion that promotes peace, equality and love. But there are always those that will use the powerful cohesive force of religion that bring people together to legitimize their hunger of power over people. Look at the Christian crusders as one example, which is clearly not representative of the Christian faith.

There is no religion or community on Earth that does not have their share of bad apples and Muslims have those too.

President Bush was a self proclaimed born again Christian, would you say that the over million Iraqi casualties that are the cause of the WMD war he began are the fault of his Christian beleifs, no! Let's be rational about judgement processes.

All religions I have studied promote good and demote evil, if there's someone that's doing otherwise, its because they have other motives.

Member Profile hinaa PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saladin

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
Virtual Volunteer

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo
Mar 11, 2010

- So Islam is not implemented the right way in most arab countries,why dosen't some one change that.

Ever heard of people like Amr Khaled, al-Habib al-Jifri, Khalid al-Jindi, Tariq al-Swaydan, and many other Islamic reformists? Probably your media doesn't allocate any coverage at all of the the things those guys are doing.

- I haven't seen them on American TV or the papers.

Alright, I had expected that.

- The American muslem won't even denounce it.Are they scared to do it

Scared of what excatly? Here in the UK, we started seeing prominent British Muslim thinkers publicly denouncing terrorism committed under any Islamic justification.

- Al Jazeera is the house paper of Al qeada.I would not expect anything differant.

Sorry mate, but this sounds irritating. It doesn't mean that when correspondents from al-Jazeerah make interviews with OBL that the news channel is "house paper of Al Qaeda" by default. Robert Fisk interviewed OBL before, and he's definitely not a Qaeda-sympathiser.

- I don't think the US trusts Al Jazeera.Most over here think it's a joke.

It was because they trusted Al Jazeerah exclusive tapes that the decision to invade Afghanistan was taken.

- You will always have terrorism.What do you know of the KKK,Ulster.Just what you read in your local papers.

Nonesense. My local newspapers have hardly mentioned anything about those issues. However, what I know about those organisations is quite revealing though; according to wikipedia, the total number of the KKK members between 1920 and 1925 across America fell between 3,000,000 and 6,000,000 people; about 25% of Americans.

- Because you really don't have the same freedoms I have,I don't think you would understand why we would go into a country for democracy.

Freedom is relative; in a country like Cuba, you can have the most advanced medical care for "free"; unlike many western and non-western countries. If democracy is always used a pretext for covert objectives related to the control of energy sources; without shying away from mass-murdering civilians; no one will give much credit to any lectures about "freedom" that other enjoy.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II
They estimate the amount to be 25,000 to 60,000.
Hitler should not have been stopped?He was on his way to killing 6,000,000 people,I for got most were jews so that dosen,t count.We won't know the total killed by islamic terrorism yet because it isn't finished yet.

Well, the estimates for the Dresden massacre range between 80,000 and 300,000; notwithstandng the wounded. Even 25,000 is hardly a small number.
See how many people got killed in the two World Wars (100,000,000), including Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and how many Algerians were killed by the French "Civilizatory Mission" (1,500,000)... it seems that numbers of people killed to spread "democracy and freedom" are just incomparable to numbers to those killed for any other cause...but the problem is definitely not in democracy.

-You're going to tell me in this day and age people aren't still stoned to death in some arab country?

Out of 23 Arab Countries this practice can still be found in two countries. This does not deny that in this day an age, this is not less moral than people being incinerated alive with white-phosphorus in the name of spreading democracy...

- I get all my info from the arabian nights you are right...the disney verson.Any flying carpets.

That explains a lot mate. Thanks for your honesty!

This post was edited on: 2010-03-11 at 10:41 AM by: Saladin

Member Profile aymanelhakea PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Hina

Gender & Age: Female, 33
Mar 11, 2010

Something I read recently really rings true to this debate.

Edward Said always countered that the Clash of Civilizations was nothing more than a Clash of Ignorance. The only thing that causes conflict is the lack of understanding and the lack of the desire to understand. I think Pope John Paul II said that “A clash ensues only when Islam or Christianity is misconstrued or manipulated for political or ideological ends.”

Rather then purport stereotypes that have been plastered in the media, I would encourage those of you who really believe Muslims are terrorist to engage in a dialogue with average Muslims. You'll be surprised to learn they are no more different than you in what they want out of life.

Member Profile hinaa PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mark Jasper

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 26
Province/State: Dumaguete
City: Dumaguete
Mar 12, 2010

i agree.

peace can only come when people pull down the blinds of bias and really just disregrad preconceived notions of any sort and just listen... above all else lsiten before you comment. But then i guess it is human nature to generalize sentiment for a few to make it the stereotype for the vast many.

The challeneg as of the moment is to try and just be quiet and listen, both sides should.

It's very basic, right? Like when a mothers stops a quarrel, she pulls the children away from each other and makes them shut, and then let's both parties speak alternately. and more often than not, the conflict will be resolved.

let's do that yeah?

Member Profile markjasper PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
think poetry

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Gender & Age: Female, 49
Province/State: Michigan
City: Detroit
Mar 28, 2010

it doesnt look like muslims are terrorists. it looks like there is a group of individuals who recruit people, call them muslims, then tell them to commit violent acts. its like someone's misappropirated the name 'muslim' and is using it for 'warlord'
im more concerned about the non middle eastern 'muslim', the person who grew up catholic or baptist until last week, then i am about the person who is just walking along minding their business speaking arabic.
a person full of hate, who is recrutied to do anything, is a bother if you ask me.

Member Profile poetry PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
maxwell Adeo Adew

Province/State: Western Cape
City: Cape Town
Jun 1, 2010

well to just end this talk about Muslim been a terrorist or not let each and every one of us preach the message of peace and allow peace to reign remember peace is the only way to progress.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
Adeoya w

Member Profile walexngng PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saladin

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
Virtual Volunteer

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo
Jun 13, 2010

Why did Stevez delete some of his previous posts? Any idea?

Member Profile aymanelhakea PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
アックス タン

Gender & Age: Male, 44
Province/State: Quezon City
City: Quezon City
Aug 11, 2010

Nope. Muslims are NOT terrorists. The definition of Muslim is a follower of the religion of Islam. If anybody have read the Qur'an you can't find any violence in it.

My country have at least 20% of people who are Muslims and most of them are my cousins...by I'm not a Muslim.

So, that makes me a terrorist then? No. It's not who is Muslim that is bad; it's the people behind the being Muslim who's making it looked bad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------
If 5% of people work for peace, there will be Peace.

It is in helping others that I help myself.

Member Profile Ickx PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
jaydev

Poster Rank: Soft-spoken

Province/State: Delhi
City: Delhi
Aug 12, 2010

Recent terrorist attack and media reports on this create a perception among people that muslims are terrorist so please break this perception and think again any religion tells to kill people . No religion always talks about peace terrorist has no religion they just slandering the name of muslims .

Member Profile jaydev00x PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Mohamed Eid

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Male, 35
Province/State: Woqooyi Galbeed
City: Hargeisa
Aug 19, 2010

Hi all,

I don't think that Muslims are terrorists. Muslim must keep the peace and stability of the world. But the story of terrorism is beyond the muslim involvement and historically there was so many terrorism network which was exist in Europe, America and everywhere around the world and they were not actually Muslims, but non-muslims people. I thinks Muslim terrorist is new ideology intend to harm the dignity of muslim society who are increasing the world unborderly.

Member Profile EI PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
THOMAS

Poster Rank:

Feb 14, 2011

ACCORDING 2 ME MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORIST BUT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPORTING TERRORISM ARE TERRORIST & MAXIMUM SUPPORTTER ARE MUSLIMS. THEY ARE MAKING FUN OF THEIR RELIGION I FEEL VERY SAD BCOZ I LOVE & RESPECT ALL THE RELIGIONS.

Member Profile THOMAS2506 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Gabriela

Province/State: Mexico
City: Mexico
Feb 16, 2011

I don't know ... big grin

Member Profile ceamgabriela PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
a

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Province/State: Birmingham
City: Birmingham
Mar 2, 2011

Of course not all muslims are terrorists..it's the extremists who are terrorists..but rightly so that Islam is supposed to be a religion of peace, however recent activities show otherwise..!sad

Member Profile shorty667 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Parth Trivedi

Apr 11, 2011

Everyone is born into the world with different minds. We just happen to fall into religions, simply because we are born into the families. We can't blame one religion for such activities because it's a certain group of people who were born with similar mindsets and just happened to be "Muslims." I'm pretty sure no religion rules violence over peace. And to prove this, I have Muslim friends who are just like any other race.

Member Profile TrivediP PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM