TIGed

Switch headers Switch to TIGweb.org

Are you an TIG Member?
Click here to switch to TIGweb.org

Home Community Discussion BoardsIssuesPeace & ConflictMuslims are Terrorists??????

« BACK TO FORUM

Discussion Boards Guidelines Discussion Board Guidelines
FAQ

Thread Pages «  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »
Author

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Gender & Age: Female, 2017
Province/State: Al Iskandariyah
City: Alexandria
Re: Muslims are Terrorists??????
Nov 24, 2005

i know some of u might say this channel is biased but u have HUMANS working there so why should bush wanna bomb it & kill more people,maybe he isnt content with the number of people he killed?

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/FA5DC791-B0D3-418E-9946-87162E6C6EC1.htm

back to top  |   link to this post
Member Profile Romaica PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Quazi

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 52
Muslims are TERRORISTS????
Nov 24, 2005

Being a muslim I'm proud, but now a days some people or a small groups said they are muslims and they making terrorism world wide. why they are doing this. A muslim only belives in Allah and peace. in our holly book and Mohammad (Sm.) order us never kill or hit any one without any cause. only fight to help ur nation or protect ur religious. but only when any one trying to destroy ur religious. I might say A muslim never killed anyone. so the terrorists are not a muslims. there is no room in the haven who killed innocent people for their own profit.

Member Profile quazi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
stevez

Poster Rank: Talkative

Province/State: Wyoming
Nov 24, 2005

Originally posted by Romaica
What about the violation of human rights in Guantanamo prisions?
Why do top US officers forbid any channel from interviewing or taking pictures of the prisioners there? My opinion: something fishy is definately going on. I wont be surprised to find out that they implemented the same torture methods from Nazi camps.

About terrosism everyone is blaming the other for their misery. ok, I totally condem all that killings happening whether Muslims or non -muslims. But that doesnt mean that its ok to be called a terrorist just because im a Muslim. There are two sides to every story & each one is insisting that his part is right & thats just silly.

Im still surprised to see some people who have been in TIG for a long time still stubborn & cling to their false misconceptions about others...and they call themselves open minded & flexiable duh!

These people are prisoners of war. They are prisoners and when you are that you have no rights.
What do your terrorists do to prisoners...cut their heads off.
Tell me whats the other side of the story when woman and children are killed by suicide bombers.These are innocent people.These peopleare not brave enough to fight face to face.They hit a target and run.How brave is that.

Member Profile stevez PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Saladin

Poster Rank: Blabbermouth
Virtual Volunteer

Gender & Age: Male, 33
Province/State: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo
Nov 24, 2005

Stevez,

the question is: have all those wars succeeded in eliminating terrorism ? Any ideas ?

Member Profile aymanelhakea PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
stevez

Nov 24, 2005

Originally posted by aymanelhakea
Stevez,

the question is: have all those wars succeeded in eliminating terrorism ? Any ideas ?

All what wars?There is only one going on now.Iraq.Terrorism will never be eliminated.As long as there are people who want to control other people there will always be terrorism.

stevez

Nov 24, 2005

Originally posted by aymanelhakea
What wars? Are you serious ?

What about Afghanistan, and before it Lebanon, Somalia, Libya, Sudan, and the example you've cited: Iraq ?

You've said it; wars won't end terrorism...that the exact reply I was looking for...

+ Please tell me what is the link between the Iraqi regime and 9-11....I'd be interested to know your insights.

There is no link between 9-11 and Iraq.Wea re in Afganistan to rid the country of the talibon,people in the talibon were directly resposible for 9-11.
You tell me what the US was doing in those other countries you mentioned.I want your veiws on that.

Saladin

Virtual Volunteer

Province/State: Al Qahirah
City: Cairo
Nov 24, 2005

What wars? Are you serious ?

What about Afghanistan, and before it Lebanon, Somalia, Libya, Sudan, and the example you've cited: Iraq ?

The USA has been engaged in countless wars during the past half-century, during which hundreds of thousands of civilians were murdered : Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Haïti, Serbia, and the Gulf...wasn't that "terrorizing" of civilians?

You've said it; wars won't end terrorism...that the exact reply I was looking for...

+ Please tell me what is the link between the Iraqi regime and 9-11....I'd be interested to know your insights.

--> The US was simply guarding its interests...

Member Profile aymanelhakea PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Olexi

Gender & Age: Male, 35
Nov 24, 2005

Originally posted by stevez
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Palestinian
[B]Olexi,

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. The aggressors will ALWAYS call those who resist them "terrorists", "fanatics", "fundamentalists", "criminals", "destroyers of peace", etc etc.

The "war on terror" is just an excuse to do more aggression on other countries. Yesterday it was Iraq and tomorrow it will be Syria, Iran....and the list continues.

The war on terror is just an excuse to be aggressive to other countries.I don't think so.
I hope my country is aggressive against syria,iran and any other country that houses terrorists.
These people that perform terrorist attacks must be punished and the countries that stand behind them also must be.
What do you think the American people want a war in your sorry ass countries.
The list will continue as long as muslem terrorists blow up inocent people(including their own)in the name of their religon and Allah.[/B][/QUOTE]

Stevez, dude, mind your language please. You are a perfect illustration of how American arrogance mistakes itself for objectivity. You cannot just call our countries "ass" and get away with it.

Dear Friends, lets be frank - USA are using liberal rhetorics and etc whenever it comes to justifying the use of power. This isn't specifically American. Historically every nation in power enjoyed excercising strength over others. This just a purely natural stuff smile A spade is a spade. America is the world's only superpower and it would simply be fair if all their acts would be considered from this perspective. At least, I praise the US government for the immense attention that it pays (to a convenient extent)to human rights and stuffsmile. Don't you?

By the way Luke, it seems to me that you've dropped down the liberationistic background of the Chechenian terrorism.
Cheerssmile

Member Profile Olexi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Luke Lieberman

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: California
Nov 24, 2005

Steve - these guys are right bro - you don't need to insult their countries - you are right now fitting a stereotype of the ignorant aggressive American.

And it is obvious that you don't really understand the situation in the middle-east as you are using some serious generalizations.

As for the liberals etc - I sense you are using a few shrill left wingers to dismiss everyone who does not agree with how you view the war.

This is not about appeasement - it is about Wisedom. Was invading Iraq in the MANNAR we did - without sufficient troops, disbanding the army, without a clear understanding of the ramifications - was this WISE?

It seems Bush is using Force and not much else. After 9/11 we had a golden opportunity to unite the world - to have MOST countries working toward a common goal.

Instead Bush has squandered this opportunity until even our time tested allies view us as trouble. This is not WISE.

I don't care about knocking off Saddam - he was a bastard - and the Iraqis, in the long run, will be better for it - but knocking over Saddam was the easy part -

What is more he was NO immediate threat and we could have taken him out at any time - ie we could have taken the time to plan this properly - plan the reconstruction.

Bush is a stubborn idiot who packs his administraition with incompetant cronies and ignores any council that does not fit his preconceived ideas.

He seems to ignore intelligence that does not fit his preconceived policies as well.

As well people have a RIGHT to be upset with our treatment of prisoners - we are the USA we are suppose to hold ourselves to a higher standard - to say we are better than the terrorist because we don't behead people is just rediculous.

OF course we are better than Zarchawi - good god man is that all you need? For us to be "better" then the worst people on the planet - a step above murderous lunatics - give me a break -

that is NO ANSWER - and this needs to stop - the HONOR of our country has been damaged.

Ayman - As a superpower we have had to use our strength a number of times - sometimes it is good and sometimes not.

But when you talk about for instance the Korean War - I think you are being disingenious and lack appreciation.

The Korean war was a reaction to a brutal Communist dictatorship in North Korea trying to invade a peaceful democracy.

We did not invade North Korea even after this act of aggression - we simply helped the South defend itself.

We sacrificed 50,000 young men in order to keep South Korea free.

Was that in OUR interests as well as theirs - yeah of course, but so what?

What you should be saying when you mention the JKorean war is "Thank you" - and don't forget it.

If civilians died - blame North Korea. Would you rather some innocents died as a result of our intervention - or that Kim Jung Il dominated and oppressed the entire Korean penninsula?

Many many many more would have died had he succeeded.

Olexi - I understand that the Chechen Rebels want to break Chechnya away from Russia - and I know that Russia has given them ample reason for anger.

But terrorist acts are terrorist acts - period - taking a bunch of kids hostige is simply INEXCUSABLE - I don't care what their "point" was - they lost all right to have it heard by their actions.

Also - I did a bit of research on this and most Chechans do not want to be a seperate country - they want more equality in Russia -

So these rebels aims seem at odds with most of the people in the country.

As a basic rule ANY group that uses these kind of tactics is WRONG - Period.

Its like some guy Rapes a 12 year old girl - should I care that his father used to beat him? Does this excuse his behavior?

Member Profile luke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
stevez

Nov 24, 2005

Originally posted by Olexi
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevez
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Palestinian
[B]Olexi,

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. The aggressors will ALWAYS call those who resist them "terrorists", "fanatics", "fundamentalists", "criminals", "destroyers of peace", etc etc.

The "war on terror" is just an excuse to do more aggression on other countries. Yesterday it was Iraq and tomorrow it will be Syria, Iran....and the list continues.

The war on terror is just an excuse to be aggressive to other countries.I don't think so.
I hope my country is aggressive against syria,iran and any other country that houses terrorists.
These people that perform terrorist attacks must be punished and the countries that stand behind them also must be.
What do you think the American people want a war in your sorry ass countries.
The list will continue as long as muslem terrorists blow up inocent people(including their own)in the name of their religon and Allah.[/B][/QUOTE]

Stevez, dude, mind your language please. You are a perfect illustration of how American arrogance mistakes itself for objectivity. You cannot just call our countries "ass" and get away with it.

Dear Friends, lets be frank - USA are using liberal rhetorics and etc whenever it comes to justifying the use of power. This isn't specifically American. Historically every nation in power enjoyed excercising strength over others. This just a purely natural stuff smile A spade is a spade. America is the world's only superpower and it would simply be fair if all their acts would be considered from this perspective. At least, I praise the US government for the immense attention that it pays (to a convenient extent)to human rights and stuffsmile. Don't you?

By the way Luke, it seems to me that you've dropped down the liberationistic background of the Chechenian terrorism.
Cheerssmile[/B][/QUOTE]

First off the libral end of our goverment are appeasers they don't want war.Nobody really wants war but it happens.But the liberal end would rather talk it out.
I would imagine that as long as there is a chance of the US being attacked by terrorism this will always go on.
As long as the muslem people continue to hide the terrorists and your leaders don't denounce them then this will go on.

stevez

Nov 24, 2005

Originally posted by luke
Steve - these guys are right bro - you don't need to insult their countries - you are right now fitting a stereotype of the ignorant aggressive American.

And it is obvious that you don't really understand the situation in the middle-east as you are using some serious generalizations.

As for the liberals etc - I sense you are using a few shrill left wingers to dismiss everyone who does not agree with how you view the war.

This is not about appeasement - it is about Wisedom. Was invading Iraq in the MANNAR we did - without sufficient troops, disbanding the army, without a clear understanding of the ramifications - was this WISE?

It seems Bush is using Force and not much else. After 9/11 we had a golden opportunity to unite the world - to have MOST countries working toward a common goal.

Instead Bush has squandered this opportunity until even our time tested allies view us as trouble. This is not WISE.

I don't care about knocking off Saddam - he was a bastard - and the Iraqis, in the long run, will be better for it - but knocking over Saddam was the easy part -

What is more he was NO immediate threat and we could have taken him out at any time - ie we could have taken the time to plan this properly - plan the reconstruction.

Bush is a stubborn idiot who packs his administraition with incompetant cronies and ignores any council that does not fit his preconceived ideas.

He seems to ignore intelligence that does not fit his preconceived policies as well.

As well people have a RIGHT to be upset with our treatment of prisoners - we are the USA we are suppose to hold ourselves to a higher standard - to say we are better than the terrorist because we don't behead people is just rediculous.

OF course we are better than Zarchawi - good god man is that all you need? For us to be "better" then the worst people on the planet - a step above murderous lunatics - give me a break -

that is NO ANSWER - and this needs to stop - the HONOR of our country has been damaged.

Ayman - As a superpower we have had to use our strength a number of times - sometimes it is good and sometimes not.

But when you talk about for instance the Korean War - I think you are being disingenious and lack appreciation.

The Korean war was a reaction to a brutal Communist dictatorship in North Korea trying to invade a peaceful democracy.

We did not invade North Korea even after this act of aggression - we simply helped the South defend itself.

We sacrificed 50,000 young men in order to keep South Korea free.

Was that in OUR interests as well as theirs - yeah of course, but so what?

What you should be saying when you mention the JKorean war is "Thank you" - and don't forget it.

If civilians died - blame North Korea. Would you rather some innocents died as a result of our intervention - or that Kim Jung Il dominated and oppressed the entire Korean penninsula?

Many many many more would have died had he succeeded.

Olexi - I understand that the Chechen Rebels want to break Chechnya away from Russia - and I know that Russia has given them ample reason for anger.

But terrorist acts are terrorist acts - period - taking a bunch of kids hostige is simply INEXCUSABLE - I don't care what their "point" was - they lost all right to have it heard by their actions.

Also - I did a bit of research on this and most Chechans do not want to be a seperate country - they want more equality in Russia -

So these rebels aims seem at odds with most of the people in the country.

As a basic rule ANY group that uses these kind of tactics is WRONG - Period.

Its like some guy Rapes a 12 year old girl - should I care that his father used to beat him? Does this excuse his behavior?

First off I'm far from ignorant.
Second off why don't you explain the situation in the middle east to me,if you think I don't understand it.If I don't understand the middle east why don't you also explain your plans to fight terrorism.How should we fight them thru appeasment and reasoning.All they understand is brute force.
The explanation of the Korean war sounds alot like Iraq.
Don't you think Saddam was athreat to our allies in the middle east,he had alrteady invaded one of them in 1990.Don't you think he might have done it again.
How would you like war prisoners treated.
Wake up there are an awful lot of shrill libs around to undermine the US.Alot are right in your back yard.

Olexi

Gender & Age: Male, 35
Nov 25, 2005

agree with you on that 100 per cent. But then it comes to a nation's right to self-determination I think the metaphor you use isn't the most appropriate onesmile

"As a basic rule ANY group that uses these kind of tactics is WRONG - Period. Its like some guy Rapes a 12 year old girl - should I care that his father used to beat him? Does this excuse his behavior?"

Member Profile Olexi PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Boniface

Poster Rank: Tongue-tied

Gender & Age: Male, 32
Province/State: Northern
Terrorists are fanatics
Nov 25, 2005

The terrorists are the muslim fanatics but I believe there are a host of muslims out there with good faith and wouldn't go out to kill other people in a crude way..

Member Profile easyb PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Luke Lieberman

Gender & Age: Male, 38
Province/State: California
Nov 25, 2005

Steve to the people who know me on this website you sound silly accusing me of appeasement.

Honestly bro, I don't think anyone who actually knew me would accuse me of lacking backbone.

But force without wisedom is just rage - it is blind - bold action without forethought will lead to disaster.

Sun Tzu said in the Art of War - that you must win the battle before it has begun by understanding both your strengths/weaknesses and theirs.

"Don't you think Saddam was athreat to our allies in the middle east,he had alrteady invaded one of them in 1990.Don't you think he might have done it again." - Steve

Steve - Saddam did not even have control of the whole of Iraq - we were operating a no fly zone over 40% of his country - before he could threaten anyone else in the regoin he would have to regain control over the South and the North in Iraq.

Obviously the inspections stripped him of the VAST MAJORITY of his weapons.

So no I don't think he could invade anyone - I think his beating in Gulf War 1 and the subsequent containment policies made him a toothless dog.

In fact as for the safety of our allies in the region - ask the Jordanians if they feel safer.

I would generally agree with toppling Saddam not because he was a threat to us, or the Kuwaities or Israelis - but because he was a threat to IRAQIS. It was his treatment of his own people which was of concern to me.

But the point - if you ask how I would handle it - is that he was contained - and we could afford to be patient, and plan properly - there was NO NEED to rush to war.

I would also have focused on Al Qaeda - which was the truly threatening enemy and which still is.

You see I lived in New York on 9/11 - I saw it with my bare eye - I know people who died that day.

So when Bush couldn't find Bin Laden - after all that "dead or alive" talk - I resented the bait and switch - all of a sudden he was replacing the word "Bin Laden" with the word "Saddam".

All of a sudden Bin Laden - this murderer - was no longer important apparently - and Cheany was trying to tell me that Al Qaeda and Iraq were somehow the same thing.

I am not some stupid rube from the sticks - and I don't appreciate being lied to my face.

Finnally if you want to understand the middle-east - I do not think you will until you spend more time listening to the people who live there and less time yelling angrily at them.

But basically if you lump the whole Islamic world together into this "us" and "them" mentality - then you will end up fighting 1 billion Muslims - you will push the moderate muslims toward the radicals - it will seem like you are waging war on their religion - which is an unwinnable protracted conflict and will result in many innocent deaths.

Rather you should recognise that moderate Muslims are people just like you and me - and you give them hope, draw them near, and make them friends - and isolate the radicals in their own countries.

You need to turn Muslim societies completely against the radicals - they are much more capable of identifying and combating the radicals in their own societies.

If you wage war on "Muslims" then the radicals will be sheltered and their numbers will grow - then they will be seen as "freedom fighters" instead of "terrorists"

intelliegent people from the regoin like Ayman are the ones you whould concern yourself with - I think you you would offend him with your attitude.

Being blindly anti-muslim is the same as being blindly anti-american - when someone starts on with it you are not interested in any point they may want to make.

Member Profile luke PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER
Samer

Poster Rank: Chatterbox

Nov 25, 2005

Originally posted by luke
[B]Guys - this is silly.

Steve Muslims are not terrorists - it is basically a group of socioaths who thinly cloak themselves in religion.

]

Peace,

Thank you luke .. u are a good man in the website who knows the truth about Muslims and Islam..

we all should know that there is a difference between normal Muslims and those terrorists that are doing things by the name of Islam!!!.

The Islamic religion is a Peaceful Religion .. and Muslims must not kill any other human in the world unless he attacked him! ...

Prophet Mohammad says to Muslims when they were going to other country "Don't kill an animal ,don't cut a tree,don't kill anyone who is in the church , don't fight people unless they fight you first..."

Peace...

Member Profile mrsamer2005 PROFILE TIG Messenger TIG MESSENGER

« BACK TO FORUM